Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks! We had a great time last night!

Just a bit of mushroom-barley soup from the freezer tonight for dinner.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am going out to dinner tonight with co-workers and friends to celebrate my birthday today! I am 58 years old......shhhhhh! don't tell anybody! Rick is bowling tonight, so he won't be able to go. So it's just the usual people; there will be six of us. We always have a great time.

Anyway, we're going to our favorite Mexican restaurant.....I told everybody the heck with the food, bring on the margaritas!!! This place makes an awesome beef fajita, so I'll probably have that. And since I've finally developed a love affair with guacamole (thanks to my DDIL who made it for me a couple of weeks ago), I will now eat the guacamole that comes with my fajitas. Still won't touch the sour cream though.
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 58!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :bday: :cake: :party: :dance: :jump: :party4: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Happy Belated Birthday, PAM!!!! Glad you have a great time.

p.s. I have always had a love affair with guacamole. If I could I would eat it day and night. OH and margaritas, too. :lol3:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, since Pam mentioned Mexican food, then I think we will go out for Mexican tonight. We have SO many mexican restaurants in our new town and surrounding towns it is hard to choose. We will probably go to Jalapenos because we have a Groupon coupon. Paid $15.00 and will get $30.00 worth of food and drinks. :yummy: :clap::clap::clap: Plus I am feeling better today (bad cold) and think going out will feel good.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mexican it is here too. Venison pork chili. From the freezer (might as well make a big batch of chili when I'm making chili, right? Perfect for a cold and snowy evening like tonight.) With black beans and corn, and avocado on the side. Perhaps we'll even go for Negro Modelo since we're not going to be driving anywhere.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy belated birthday Pam!

tonight (well for me last night as its technically Saturday now)was a cheese, coleslaw and lettuce wrap! I had a BBQ chicken one the night before I swear I'm never having a KFC ever again!

So tonight (saturday) myself and blaine are making our own pizzas, I've kind if cheated I bought pizza bases but everything else is fresh! :D

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had a migraine all day and hubby had a busy day at work today.  He also had to go to a wake after work.  We ordered in from our favorite pizza place tonight.  We had planned to go out for dinner tonight earlier in the week but neither one of us wanted to leave the house tonight.

Tomorrow we are having lunch at an awesome restaurant with my family and then going to the theater with my parents.  

I actually have 2 days in a row off this week.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Awwww, thanks guys! It was a really nice birthday!!!! Rick surprised me on Thursday.....he came into work and said that he had taken a few hours of vacation time.......to take me out to lunch!  Then we had such a great time at the restaurant; lots of margaritas!. When I got home, the phone rang. My grandchildren sang Happy Birthday to me! I chatted with them for awhile, then my GF from Connecticut called to wish me a nice birthday, too. I had such a nice, long chat with her. A great birthday!

We're having friends in for dinner tonight; there will be six of us. I'm making baked ziti (haven't had that in ages), cabbage slaw, homemade Italian rolls and I'm either going to take an apple pie out of the freezer (I made some last fall) and serve it with French vanilla ice cream, or I'm going to make a hot milk sponge cake with chocolate frosting.....haven't decided yet. Trying a new red wine out tonight, too.

And I guess I'd better figure it out pretty soon! Cake or pie? Which???? 

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Happy belated Birthday, Pam!

I have no idea what we are having. We just got back home last night after a week away and the refrigerator is empty. I've got to go to the grocery store.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I had leftovers from last night's dinner:

I made 4 meatloaves; froze 3 for later.

Meatloaf, with homemade gravy

Homemade mac and cheese

Roasted Brussels sprouts

(Store-bought) dinner rolls (I did have to cook them, though!)

(Store-bought) carrot cake, with cream cheese frosting

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH isn't feeling too well. He wants grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup. That is fine by me. I'm tired and achy from work so the easier the better.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick is not feeling well either right now; he's got the beginnings of a cold, we think. Hope your DH feels better soon!

I was off work yesterday because I didn't feel well....nasty stomach issues and a whopping headache. Still have both, but they are better.

I made a big kettle of vegetable soup for the freezer yesterday; kept enough soup out for dinner tonight, along with some muffins. When it's cold out, soup or chili is a good supper.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Hope all of your spouses are feeling better today!

I'm making chicken stir fry tonight. :)

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Adding in my complaints about colds too. Larry and I both are suffering with very bad colds for a week now. Seems we both started feeling better then a second wave of something nasty took over. I have a bad sore throat on one side, cough and headache. Larry seems better today with a lingering cough.

Chicken Enchilada's and green beans for dinner tonight!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.