What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!! :lol3: I had such a HUGE lunch, yet again, that I am not hungry. POOR LARRY...... Costco burritos for him tonight. :rofl:

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Dinner tonight was.....are you ready for this, Lauren??....a handful of White Cheddar Cheez-its!

Speakhandsforme, I haven't had stuffed peppers in a long time. Thanks for mentioning them; I'm going to make some when Rick comes home as he likes them, too.  Your recipe looks delicious. Thanks!
You're welcome! I sort of cobbled it together in my head from several different ones I found online, so if you're actually going to go by it, you'll want to check and adjust the amounts. I'm also pretty sure the rice was 2 cups cooked, not uncooked. :lol3:

That filling was enough for about five or six stuffed peppers/tomatoes/what have you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The peppers are on my menu for some night this week. Thanks!

Last night, we had meatball hoagies. Not sure about today. I'm making a pot of meatless vegetable soup for our Meatless Monday dinner, but haven't decided anything about today. Maybe grilled chicken breasts if it's not raining.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Rainy, chilly day here so I am going to cook a few meals for the week. I thawed a turkey tenderloin that we'll have with corn on the cob and salad, plus I'm making chourico and peppers.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rainy, chilly day here so I am going to cook a few meals for the week. I thawed a turkey tenderloin that we'll have with corn on the cob and salad, plus I'm making chourico and peppers.
I LOVE getting meals done ahead of time like that! Makes the week much easier and I can be more lazy. Larry LOVES chourico and peppers. :clap::clap::clap: :think:

We had pizza last night from Dominos!!! Tonight I am making a huge sauteed shrimp and spinach salad. Pine nuts and cranberries will be tossed in as well.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Well, last night, it was McD's. We got home from work and I had just enough time to change my clothes after work before it was time to go into see Mom and help her eat her dinner. My sister and I finding out that if we actually feed Mom, she will eat. And even if it's just a little, at this point, we're happy with that....she ate a whole bowl of beef vegetable soup last night and my sister and I were deliriously happy with that! It's more than she's eaten in two weeks! While we were in there, Rick and my BIL were tearing out the rest of the kitchen closet and more cabinets. I got home around 7:30, just in time to help clean up, vacuum and wash the kitchen floor. By that time, it was 9:00. We were both pooped, so I ran down to McD's.

Which is exactly what I did not want to happen. I don't want to rely on fast food stuff for the next month, but I also did not want to cook, even from the freezer at 9:00 at night. I have promised dear Richard that I will cook tonight. So it's grilled pork chops with a marinara sauce over pasta with grilled broccoli tonight for dinner....we have an indoor grill, so it won't be bad. Regardless of what time it is, I will cook.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It's a chillly, damp day here and beef stew sounds so good. Leftovers here, some turkey and a salad.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some beef stew is simmering in the crock pot. Just about everything but the beef is from our garden.
That's what I'm having too. My husband put it all together and let it cook in the crock pot overnight last night. There is some in the fridge for dinner and some frozen for a future meal. 

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night we had Chicken Marsala (with homemade sauce), tonight BF is making homemade pizza, which will have the fresh wet mozzarella we bought in NJ on it :yummy:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last night we had Chicken Marsala (with homemade sauce), tonight BF is making homemade pizza, which will have the fresh wet mozzarella we bought in NJ on it :yummy:
OMG We had that last night too, and leftovers tonight. BUT :anon: it was the Progresso prepackaged Chicken Marsala. I added in the chicken, of course, and a few other veges. But it was delicious!!! OH that is a funny coincidence. :lol3:

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grilled sirloin, scalloped ranch potatoes, and fresh spinach salad. (homemade) :)

Last edited:

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chili dogs! Not the healthiest meal in the least, but it was a tough day at work, my back hurts terribly. This is usually what my DH makes if he offers to make dinner and doesn't bring home pizza. lol!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
A hoagie. My sister and I went into the funeral home last night to make the final arrangements for Mom. Followed by a family meeting at the nursing home. No way was I cooking. And thankfully, somebody at Rick's work was selling hoagies as a fund-raiser. Rick brought one home and that was our dinner.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A hoagie. My sister and I went into the funeral home last night to make the final arrangements for Mom. Followed by a family meeting at the nursing home. No way was I cooking. And thankfully, somebody at Rick's work was selling hoagies as a fund-raiser. Rick brought one home and that was our dinner.
Hugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.