What's For Dinner? - 2024

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went out for lunch to our preferred Mexican restaurant in town. Much better than the new to us one in the next town over where we went last week. I had chile relleno with shredded beef filling and mole sauce, Himself had a taco bowl with chicken. Yummy, for both of us.

Walked over to the independent bookstore to look for an air fryer cook book. Didn't have any but I asked him to order the one I found online that sounds good. I do like to support the independent bookstores.

Quick stop at the pharmacy, then to the IGA where I needed only a couple of things - milk and avocado oil. I tell you, that air fryer is becoming a Quest!

Anyhow, as I am heading towards the milk and looking for the flavor I want - not whole milk, not very low fat, do want cow rather than oat or soy or whatever they make milk substitutes out of these days - a young man comes towards me from the opposite direction. I smile, move aside to let him pass and go back to looking at the milk. He smiles, passes me, and just a minute or two later comes back and said that he just wanted to say that I have a very nice smile. And added few more nice words. I said he just made a rather gray and overcast day a sunnier one. He left, I got the milk. And I do believe that both of us went on about our days feeling happy.

Found the avocado oil. Expensive stuff. Since the IGA is a small store I had choice of two. Bought the one in the glass bottle. There was, additionally, a 50/50 blend of avocado and olive oil but I cannot see any sense in that.

Good thing I got the milk because after our lunch we were not that hungry for supper so I made pancakes with melted butter and maple syrup. And used the last of the milk in the container I had for the pancake batter. Which means if I had not bought more I would have been without milk for my coffee tomorrow. Quel horreur!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Hospital dinner- turkey( like a patty?) Mashed potatoes,gravy,steamed carrots.... it was good

Lunch was a huge roasted chicken breast( I'm not a fan of breast- too dry)..... mashed potatoes..... they were shocked I ate full of anesthesia,lol - I can always eat pretty much anytime

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure.. sigh.. I may take some minnestorn soup out of the freezer. I need to use it, soon. It is a cool rainy morning. The rain should stop soon.
I also need to pick up some things at the grocery store--- but, on a Saturday?? Nope.. I think I will go tomorrow, directly after Church.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had some grocery shopping to do while he waited in the car,so lunch was a bit late,and neither one of us was particularly hungry for dinner.I had some tortilla chips and salsa and he had a small roast beef sandwich on an onion roll and a few chips.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a day where I felt like a good Greek Salad ! I could have taken something out of the freezer to cook; but, there is a Greek/American casual restaurant about 1/4 mile from me. I felt as if I needed to get out of the house, after picking up, doing paperwork, going crazy about the paperwork. So, I spent $10 and got a huge Greek Salad with pita bread and greek dressing. I have the other half for supper today. The salad is undressed so, It is a Win/Win !!