What's For Dinner? - 2024

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I had French toast with a drizzle of maple syrup and some avocado with fresh squeezed lime for lunch

Lunch_2024-03_French toast and avocado.jpg

For dinner we had small farfalle (bowtie) pasta with chicken, sauteed quartered mushrooms, diced red pepper, and green peas, with shredded cheese to embellish it.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Supposed to storm here in a bit
Here too, thunderstorms predicted so I'm making lentil & kale vegetable soup with one of the carrot cake baked oatmeal slices from yesterday. DH is going to have the last piece of bbq chicken with brown rice, peas and carrots. He'll want a carrot cake oatmeal slice too and will be upset if I beat him to it. :flail:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You're going to turn into a field pea---- though you're already a sweet pea
AWWWWWWWW! Thank you!

Me too- nothing like a hot pastrami on rye!!!!
MUST get back to Chattanooga! Yes, still in the plans, but delayed. There used to be a wonderful little Jewish Deli that served the BEST hot pastrami on fresh-baked rye bread, and I'm drooling just thinking about it!

Don't laugh because it's something I really enjoy,SPAM!
We are SPAM SISTERS! I love fried Spam, as well as barbecues Spam.

Lunch tonight will be taquitos, and dinner will be a pork patty with mashed potatoes and creamed corn. Somehow, I just LOVE creamed corn with pork, of any sort.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
AWWWWWWWW! Thank you!

MUST get back to Chattanooga! Yes, still in the plans, but delayed. There used to be a wonderful little Jewish Deli that served the BEST hot pastrami on fresh-baked rye bread, and I'm drooling just thinking about it!

We are SPAM SISTERS! I love fried Spam, as well as barbecues Spam.

Lunch tonight will be taquitos, and dinner will be a pork patty with mashed potatoes and creamed corn. Somehow, I just LOVE creamed corn with pork, of any sort.
Oh WOW plus we both love maple syrup,you would've loved my SPAM fried first then maple syrup toaster oven experiment- oh it was soooo yummy
Yesterday I finished the "Easter Spam" for breakfast with scrambled eggs with Colby jack cheese

I love creamed corn with pork too( and mashed potatoes)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We had our Easter dinner on Monday: honey-baked ham (my version, not so sweet), baked pineapple, sweet potatoes, red beet pickled eggs, broccoli salad. With Rick's peanut butter chocolate chip cheesecake and a lemon meringue pie. I cheated on the pie, it was a Marie Callender's frozen pie. My version of Red Lobster's Boston tea.

We're having ham salad sandwiches tonight with leftovers. Then the rest of the ham, including the bone, will go into the freezer for ham and bean soup later on.