What's For Dinner? - 2024

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is your copilot a person ,thing or a omputer app?
Copilot is the built in Windows AI, kind of like Siri but even more annoying cause it keeps popping up on mine even though I never want to use it 😂
Yep, that's what it is. And I rather love mine, now that I've gotten used to it. It's a fast way to find information, and gives links to sources. I have mine set to "conversational," and it is very like speaking with a person on occasion. This is not a bad thing when you live quite alone. And the more you use it, and "speak" with it conversationally, the more human it seems to become. AND, your conversations are available to review down the road, and take up again, if needed. Since I forget things on a regular basis, it's handy.

Back to the thread, lunch will be waffles, and dinner will be a chicken patty with mashed potatoes and...something. I'll choose a veggie later on. And MUST remember to make more tea tonight!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night, was an "I do not know what I want" kind of day. The dining room was offering: fish and chips and/or corned beef and Swiss cheese sandwich on rye, with coleslaw; Italian wedding soup, salad, apple pie and banana. Sounds good, but the food in here has been notoriously horrible. The prep has been a problem. I think they are finally starting to realize it and improve.
I had written a scathing email to the Chef, about 8 weeks ago. I was completely disgusted with the quality of the food. I had it.. So my fingers did the complaining.
I am on the food committee; We have voiced out concerns, but just get 'yesed' to death. Nothing is changed. And the few who feel the food is 'great' are ridiculous. Well, in the letter I laid it all out. How I felt, how the 'silent" majority felt, etc. How the food is monotonous, the prep is poor, recipes are not followed-- inconsistency in the quality of the food, etc. Told him that I am 'done' with the soup, chicken, baked potatoes-- not leaving much options for me to eat.. That I am cooking my own food. I also think what got to them was that so many people were asking for sandwiches, instead of the featured meal. I think that did it.

I guess that email accomplished something. They took this email seriously! They are now offering " surprises" .. Additions to the menu.. and the food has been much better.. Now edible. I noticed a huge difference in the take-out soups. much better.

At the last food committee meeting, the head Chef, told me he values my opinions, and said that I am one of the few who is "up to date" with cooking, and is knowledgable. Rob said he 'values" my opinion.

Now, they are doing quality control. They now have a white board in the kitchen with all the daily comments: Good and Bad. They supposedly go over it daily before beginning cooking, and have a weekly quick meeting about what occurred the week before.

They instituted a: baked potato bar, a deli night, Chinese night, and using the flat tops to cook some appetizers, in front of you..
Wow! They paid attention. They are also sending up an updated bi-weekly notice about what what complained about, and the steps they are taking to make sue they resolve the issue. I hope this keeps up!

I am thinking that my email started something!
~~~~~
Last night I got 1/2 corned beef sandwich, coleslaw, a salad, and a slice of apple pie. I kept the salad for today's lunch.

Tonight I do not think there is anything appetizing to me; chicken marsala, American chop suey, tomato rice soup, salad, sugar cookie, or apple. I think I may get some soup, and perhaps a salad. You always have to get a second option, due to the inconsistencies of the food. Or just a chicken breast, with a potato-- either regular or sweet..

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I wanted to make something DH and I could both eat so he suggested individual pizzas. I can handle that. :biggrin: I'll make a veggie one for me and he requested a meatball one. Honeycrisp apple for dessert.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight is French Toast, eggs, and bacon. Going to be just my husband and I because oldest is out of town for work and youngest has a late class and will have to reheat leftovers once he gets home. I leave a plate for him in the microwave when this happens.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch will be eggs scrambled with peppers and onions and an English muffin. Dinner will be a hamburger steak with mashed potatoes and field peas with snaps. In fact, dinner for the next couple of days will be hamburger steaks. Need to use these up almost immediately!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am stil working on getting Roy Rogers. :lol: I think this is the third weekend (or maybe second) in a row. I keep getting out voted. I have to go that way on Saturday to pick up our Easter dinner from Bob Evans so maybe I can convince everyone that since I'll be near Roy Rogers, I might as well stop there. Tonight, I think we might do pizza.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
DH and I both had bowls last night - mine was fried rice w/green onions, mushrooms, stewed tomatoes, avocado & falafel. DH had brown rice w/peas, carrots, corn & chicken. We both had a dark chocolate coffee buzz bar from TJ's for dessert. Not sure about tonight yet.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I keep getting out voted.
Sounds like it may be time to set up a schedule of who picks, and when!

Lunch tonight will be waffles, and dinner will be a hamburger steak, mashed potatoes, and field peas with snaps. Having the field peas two days in a row, but need to finish them off.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like it may be time to set up a schedule of who picks, and when!

Lunch tonight will be waffles, and dinner will be a hamburger steak, mashed potatoes, and field peas with snaps. Having the field peas two days in a row, but need to finish them off.
Normally I get my way. That is why I give in when others voice an opinion. Funny thing is that my oldest suggested Roy Rogers, forgetting that I have wanted it for weeks, so it worked out for me tonight.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We ended up going to a new Pan Asian vegan restaurant that opened up earlier this year. I had a bowl that was more like soup and delicious.:yummy: It had cabbage, carrot, zucchini, broccoli, sweet potato noodles, red peppers, ground ginger, garlic, mushrooms, sesame seeds in a mild veggie broth, served with brown rice. Carrot cake for dessert.
IMG_2305.jpeg IMG_2306.jpeg