What's For Dinner? - 2024

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch will be pork egg rolls...which means slicing a bit off for Her Nibs, and carefully picking out the onions using a pair of tweezers I keep for such things, and a magnifying glass. Dinner will be half a ham steak, mashed potatoes and Hoppin John.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Lunch will be pork egg rolls...which means slicing a bit off for Her Nibs, and carefully picking out the onions using a pair of tweezers I keep for such things, and a magnifying glass. Dinner will be half a ham steak, mashed potatoes and Hoppin John.
Hek's not spoiled,what would make anyone get such an idea? Poor neglected HeKitty
:flail:

If I had to be a cat I would only agree if you were my person!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tried making my veggie stir fry on simmer again last night, but it didn't cook! Must be I turned down the heat too soon. I hate how it splatters if I leave the heat up though.

Forgot to post about my lunch at the Hawaiian Grill Sunday. I got the vegetarian stirfry, but it was really bland. I'll give them another chance & try their spicy tofu. It's just tofu & rice though. Wish it had some veggies. I figured Hawaiian food would be all exotic with fruit & stuff. But it's not.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch will be a waffle. Dinner...still deciding, but I think a pork chop with Cajun season, "Tony Chacherone's Cajun Seasoning," OF COURSE! The favorite of Louisiana natives, by far! I'll pair that with mashed potatoes, and okra, corn and tomatoes cooked together.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was a double Daytona so dinner was simple...made sausage gravy and heated up leftover biscuits.Tonite I seared a couple of chicken cutlets (seasoned with salt and pepper,garlic,ancho chili powder and zataar),heated up leftover rice and opened a jar of pickled beets.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How much oil do you guys use if you are making stir fry for one person? I used extra oil last night, 2TB, and it got my fake vegetarian chicken so crispy! Is that too much oil? It seems like a lot, but I was happy with the result.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How much oil do you guys use if you are making stir fry for one person? I used extra oil last night, 2TB, and it got my fake vegetarian chicken so crispy! Is that too much oil? It seems like a lot, but I was happy with the result.
If you were happy with the result, then it wasn't "too much."

Lunch will be scrambled eggs with an English muffin, Dinner will be a pork chop, mashed potatoes, and tomatoes, okra and corn.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been craving salad all day,and we had two leftover pork chops and a bit of mac and cheese,so I made a rather large salad and heated everything else.I really figured he wouldn't want salad but we ended up sharing it and it's gone!He absolutely loved it....even ate the cucumber.