What's For Dinner? - 2024

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
My BIL gave us a couple nice links of sausage. I was so hungry for pancakes, not because of the pancakes, but because of the maple syrup. So pancakes and sausage for dinner last night. I drowned mine in maple syrup, to the point where Rick looked at me and said, "Seriously???" But they were so good!

Dear Richard bowls tonight, so he's probably heating up pizza for dinner.
I always hear" want some pancakes to go with all that syrup"? Lol

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Have enough for another meal, before bread turns--
Tech tip for bread...It will stay fresh MUCH longer in the fridge, and taste fine IF you suck all of the air out of the bag every time you open it. You squnch the top of the bag together, stick a straw in there, and suck all the air out, then TWIST really fast, and tuck the end of the bag back over the loaf. My bread is fresh for up to a month like that, a real boon, since I live alone, and depend on grocery delivery.

Lunch will be waffles. Dinner will be a hamburger steak with mashed potatoes and green beans.

Talked with Spawn 1, and he's fine with me ordering on the 1st and the 15th, which means I can order enough meat and veggies on the first to last me the entire month! I'm trying very hard to move away from microwave meals. Although I may still sneak in the occasional chicken strip meal!

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I went to Sam's Club to get some lamb for my kitten LiLi just in case she couldn't stomach the raw premixes I bought. The only thing they had was lamb chops but the price was so good I figured it was worth cutting it off the bone.

She seems to be doing ok so now I am eyeing the last pack of lamb chops and googling recipes :drool:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I had. huge deli turkey and Swiss cheese sandwich on sourdough with some bread & butter pickles. I had to use up the turkey before it went bad...

Tonight-- again, a quandary.. I am supposed to go to attend another "Wake"/ "Viewing" , with a friend.. Tomorrow morning is the Funeral with a couple of friends. So I do not know what is going on...

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I had. huge deli turkey and Swiss cheese sandwich on sourdough with some bread & butter pickles. I had to use up the turkey before it went bad...

Tonight-- again, a quandary.. I am supposed to go to attend another "Wake"/ "Viewing" , with a friend.. Tomorrow morning is the Funeral with a couple of friends. So I do not know what is going on...
Oh no,another friend--- I'm so sorry

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 How did you first air-fry turn out?

Yesterday, we stopped at a local Mennonite store, so I could get my instant yeast. We each bought a hoagie and that was dinner last night. Rick subbed for a friend, so he bowled last night. I went to bed for an early night.

Tonight's dinner will be stir-fried beef and broccoli. We found gorgeous broccoli at the Mennonite store. Rick saw it and said, "It's been ages since you made stir-fry!"

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 How did you first air-fry turn out?

Yesterday, we stopped at a local Mennonite store, so I could get my instant yeast. We each bought a hoagie and that was dinner last night. Rick subbed for a friend, so he bowled last night. I went to bed for an early night.

Tonight's dinner will be stir-fried beef and broccoli. We found gorgeous broccoli at the Mennonite store. Rick saw it and said, "It's been ages since you made stir-fry!"
Yum - save me a seat at the table please❤

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Leftover pasta casserole for both of us, salad on the side and french bread for DH, not me. We bought 2 boxes of Yasso mocha chocolate chip bars but it's chilly today so we'll save them for dessert another time. Honeycrisp apple instead.