What's For Dinner? - 2024

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
And in my Birds Eye Steam Fresh potatoes I found a small gold safety pin🤮
I only have medium silver colored safety pins in my sewing kit.
I was the only person that microwaved and was eating them.
I found a piece of plastic one time in a frozen dinner( Michaelangelo)- wrote to them and they sent free coupons for like a years worth- with a letter of apology,without excuse to my surprise

I can't imagine how a safety pin got in there,somebody was very careless,,thst could've been really bad,was it open?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update on the safety pin in the potatoes.
About an hour after the incident my husband said “ya know I bought a shirt today that had an extra button in a bag pinned to it, I didn’t know where to put the pin cause of the cats so I put it in the cabinet”.
He put it in my kitchen cabinet where we keep the plates and bowls! And guess what it’s not there anymore. Men 🤦‍♀️
I would have felt like an idiot if I had called the company.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
:flail:
Update on the safety pin in the potatoes.
About an hour after the incident my husband said “ya know I bought a shirt today that had an extra button in a bag pinned to it, I didn’t know where to put the pin cause of the cats so I put it in the cabinet”.
He put it in my kitchen cabinet where we keep the plates and bowls! And guess what it’s not there anymore. Men 🤦‍♀️
I would have felt like an idiot if I had called the company.
Mystery solved!yeah-men!:flail:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
bbdoll22 bbdoll22 Men! Sometimes.........

Our shrimp scampi was quite good last night. The only thing missing was homemade bread to sop up some of the sauce. Yum.

Beef pot pie is on the menu for tonight. I'll braise a small chuck roast in the oven, then add the potatoes. While the potatoes are cooking, I'll make the dough squares. It's very windy and cold today, so that will warm us up.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
yesterday afternoon, a friend dropped by with supper for me!!! So nice. She made a 'special' salad, some spinach tortellini soup, and some brownies. I got a bit of each.. When she was sick with Covid, I gave her a bowl of minestrone, along with a side of the pasta, and some parmesan cheese to go with it. So nice to have friends. She returned the favor with some homemade oatmeal cookies..

Now I have to think of something to make for her. She is a vegetarian. That is why she got the minestrone, instead of chicken soup..

Funny, I was going to have cheese tortellini with a vodka sauce.. guess that will be tonights meal.. or tomorrow. I have a bit of her soup for lunch.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
yesterday afternoon, a friend dropped by with supper for me!!! So nice. She made a 'special' salad, some spinach tortellini soup, and some brownies. I got a bit of each.. When she was sick with Covid, I gave her a bowl of minestrone, along with a side of the pasta, and some parmesan cheese to go with it. So nice to have friends. She returned the favor with some homemade oatmeal cookies..

Now I have to think of something to make for her. She is a vegetarian. That is why she got the minestrone, instead of chicken soup..

Funny, I was going to have cheese tortellini with a vodka sauce.. guess that will be tonights meal.. or tomorrow. I have a bit of her soup for lunch.
Maybe you can make her some spinach tortellini to go with your yummy vodka sauce - she'll probably flip over it!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch will be waffles. Dinner will be a hamburger steak, potatoes and gravy, and green beans. Yes, I'm eating a lot of hamburger steaks (actually, hamburger patties grilled, and no bun), however I have several barbecue sauces and gravies that I serve with, so it isn't the "same old thing." On the first, I'll be stocking up on some boneless pork chops and boneless chicken breasts that I can cook on the George Foreman grill.

You know, bbdoll22 bbdoll22 , I have said for years that God made women with the instinct to be mothers NOT because of our children, who grow up and leave, but because of men, who do neither.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I made baked meat and ricotta ziti. I tried a new recipe and it was good. I of course modified the salt amount as I thought 1 1/2 tsp was too much especially because I was using Parmesan cheese which is salty its self.
trying to figure out dinner tonight still.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I had some mini meatballs( thst I make for Italian Wedding soup) I was going to throw some sauce & mozzarella ontop on Italian bread and stick in toaster oven BUT ( my Dad would be appalled)instead,after I fried them up I threw BBQ sauce in the pan,stirred it up a bit and topped with shredded mexi- blend cheese

I'm not really a bread person so the meatball parm sub just wasn't so appealing... loved my BBQ meatballs!ha!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My BIL gave us a couple nice links of sausage. I was so hungry for pancakes, not because of the pancakes, but because of the maple syrup. So pancakes and sausage for dinner last night. I drowned mine in maple syrup, to the point where Rick looked at me and said, "Seriously???" But they were so good!

Dear Richard bowls tonight, so he's probably heating up pizza for dinner.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am in a food rut... not having any idea of what to make, not having any craving tor anything, and being lazy about cooking.. No take out-- end of month and money is tight. The food from the kitchen is disgusting, and not for me..

I have made a couple recipes of soup. Do not feel like chicken of any type, no pizza (crazy), Fish is expensive-- plus an issue when I have it in the house -- Geoffrey... not into steak, I have pork chops in freezer, but not feeling like it.. Too cold for me to have salad.. Yup, I am weird...

Made myself a turkey and Swiss cheese sandwich on sourdough last night.. Have enough for another meal, before bread turns-- need to get another loaf.

I have Mac & Cheese in the freezer, a pork tenderloin, Yet, I do not feel like anything..

Just in a rut...

And next week or the week after I have to give my friend something.. We seem to be reciprocating meals... kind of crazy.. but...
She is vegetarian.. sometimes eats chicken.. so....

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am in a food rut... not having any idea of what to make, not having any craving tor anything, and being lazy about cooking.. No take out-- end of month and money is tight. The food from the kitchen is disgusting, and not for me..

I have made a couple recipes of soup. Do not feel like chicken of any type, no pizza (crazy), Fish is expensive-- plus an issue when I have it in the house -- Geoffrey... not into steak, I have pork chops in freezer, but not feeling like it.. Too cold for me to have salad.. Yup, I am weird...

Made myself a turkey and Swiss cheese sandwich on sourdough last night.. Have enough for another meal, before bread turns-- need to get another loaf.

I have Mac & Cheese in the freezer, a pork tenderloin, Yet, I do not feel like anything..

Just in a rut...

And next week or the week after I have to give my friend something.. We seem to be reciprocating meals... kind of crazy.. but...
She is vegetarian.. sometimes eats chicken.. so....
I'm often confronted with the thought of what my next meal should be. My DW loves cooking but she works full time . I'm retired but could care less about learning too cook. So lately when I'm in doubt about what I should have for a meal. I skip that meal altogether . Doing this certainly Is helping my waistline. LOL.