What's For Dinner? - 2024

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Italian sausage,onion and green peppers,seasoned with a little garlic and fennel seed on ciabatta rolls.A few shakes of parmesan for good measure.Delish!
I haven't had sausage,peppers n onions in a really long time and last night I was wishing I had a red bell pepper ... had sausage,onion but no peppers so I made sausage parm and had it on a garlic roasted Naan

It was really yummy but you know how it is when you were craving something else and had to settle for lack of an ingredient.....maybe I could send someone to Publix tomorrow for a bell pepper

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't had sausage,peppers n onions in a really long time and last night I was wishing I had a red bell pepper ... had sausage,onion but no peppers so I made sausage parm and had it on a garlic roasted Naan

It was really yummy but you know how it is when you were craving something else and had to settle for lack of an ingredient.....maybe I could send someone to Publix tomorrow for a bell pepper
I know the feeling!I do quite a bit of my shopping at Aldi's and they have a 3 pack of peppers for a really good price.I either use them in a salad or for fresh eating or cut them up and put them in the freezer.Coming from NY ourselves,we'd love to have those sandwiches all the time,but I try not to have it too often so it really gets enjoyed when I do.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I know the feeling!I do quite a bit of my shopping at Aldi's and they have a 3 pack of peppers for a really good price.I either use them in a salad or for fresh eating or cut them up and put them in the freezer.Coming from NY ourselves,we'd love to have those sandwiches all the time,but I try not to have it too often so it really gets enjoyed when I do.
It is a NY thing ,,isn't it?lol I can't believe the prices of a single red bell pepper these days!It was nice going in my Grandmother's garden for those things

The 3packs with a red,a yellow & a green? I love those

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I would kill for sausage and onions and peppers! In a hoagie roll with lots of salsa and melted cheese. Yeah, that's how I eat my sausage sandwiches. Yum!

We went to Cracker Barrel for a late breakfast yesterday. We both had Biscuit Bennys. Just English muffins or buttermilk biscuits with hollandaise sauce and a green onion and tomato topping. He had his with bacon and I chose ham. Sauteed apples and their signature hash brown casserole. Since we had a large breakfast, last night, I sliced some smoked Muenster cheese, along with some garlic baloney, added some sliced carrots and some crackers and we munched on that while watching tv.

Tonight, Rick will be grilling a ribeye that we will share. I'm making macaroni salad to go with.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night we had chili - took a package made with venison and pork belly from the freezer. Then, after coarsely chopping, then sauteing onion, adding Goya sazon I added canned red beans and corn.

Today for lunch Himself had the leftover beans and corn (did you know beans and corn are good protein because they have complementary amino acids? True, that!) with a flipped egg.

Tonight for dinner we will have salmon burgers from Costco, on lightly toasted rolls. Perhaps a smear of mayo with added horseradish. And home fries.

Tomorrow I will go the the local fire station for their barbecue, having pre-ordered a rack of ribs. Tonight I'll make potato salad and cole slaw for sides to go with it.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I can't believe the prices of a single red bell pepper these days!
:yeah: I love red peppers but when I went to the store recently the price had skyrocketed so I settled for a green pepper because it was almost half the price. I usually go to a local produce store for this exact reason but needed to buy some things the produce store doesn't carry.

DH wanted me to make my pasta casserole. I had all the ingredients for it but it got too late and he didn't want to wait so I guess I'll make it another day. Instead he's having a turkey burger sandwich on an asiago roll with swiss cheese melted over it. I'm having one of my favorite default dinners, i.e. falafel with steamed cauliflower and broccoli. Fresh raspberries for dessert.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
salmon burgers from Costco,
Those are yummy.

I can't wait for summer, regarding getting the outdoor grill fired up :)

We're having salmon filet sauteed in a frypan with honey and garlic salt, and brussels sprouts and some cottage cheese with a little turmeric sprinkled on.

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
lizzie lizzie So how did the cake turn out? Were you pleased with it?

I was wrong about the ribeye; it was a Delmonico. I seasoned it in the morning and let it sit in the fridge. It was so good. Rick got it a little too done for me (it didn't moo), but it was good nonetheless.

Tonight will be shrimp scampi that I'm serving over my version of brown rice pilaf. With red beets for me and green beans for Rick. And an apple pie for dessert.

I kept telling Dear Richard that there was an apple pie down in the freezer. I'm missing my blue Fiesta pie pan, haven't seen it in a few months. He kept telling me there was no apple pie down there. I knew there was. We went down and started searching around in the chest freezer. And there were two apple pies! One was in my blue Fiesta pie plate. Ha! We really need to organize that freezer. It's ridiculous.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lizzie lizzie So how did the cake turn out? Were you pleased with it?

I was wrong about the ribeye; it was a Delmonico. I seasoned it in the morning and let it sit in the fridge. It was so good. Rick got it a little too done for me (it didn't moo), but it was good nonetheless.

Tonight will be shrimp scampi that I'm serving over my version of brown rice pilaf. With red beets for me and green beans for Rick. And an apple pie for dessert.

I kept telling Dear Richard that there was an apple pie down in the freezer. I'm missing my blue Fiesta pie pan, haven't seen it in a few months. He kept telling me there was no apple pie down there. I knew there was. We went down and started searching around in the chest freezer. And there were two apple pies! One was in my blue Fiesta pie plate. Ha! We really need to organize that freezer. It's ridiculous.
Actually,I think it's pretty darned good!I didn't use sour cream as I didn't have enuf for the cake and my dinner tonight,so I softened some cream cheese and thinned it down a bit with buttermilk.I doubled the recipe and it makes a perfect 9x13.I made extra sugar and cinnamon,didn't use the parchment paper...just sprayed my pan and the pieces come out just fine. I had some walnuts that I toasted and chopped fine...mixed them in with the sugar and put half the batter in the pan,sprinkled some sugar mix over and put the rest on the top of the cake.That was a great idea Pam!I read one of the reviews that said it was missing cream of tarter....I will try that next time.It's a keeper for me!I think it would be good even without the chocolate chips...did I say that?Reminds me of a good coffeecake.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yum! 😋 When you have a chance I'd really appreciate a recipe for the cake since I like baking more than cooking.:thanks:
If you'll google chocolate chip snickerdoodle cake,it'll come up under King Arthur.If you read my reply to Pam,I did make some changes but that's me,Neely.I can't leave anything alone :)I have 2 great cake pans.... they're both from LocknLock....both are glass...they both have lids.I serve from them,so they just get a liberal dose of pan spray and nothing sticks.I used corn oil,but any neutral oil will do fine.I'm very happy with the finished cake,and will be making it again.I hope you like it too!Let us know!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I met a friend for brunch and couldn't eat everything since they give very generous potions so I had the rest for dinner - veggie frittata, pancakes with strawberries, hash browns and toasted English muffin. DH had a grilled cheese sandwich with tater tots and baby carrots. Raspberries for dessert.