What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Been experimenting w/ different kinds of Asian noodles…there are SO many brands out there, and also found this fantastic chili oil called Boon I highly recommend. Comes with fennel, which gives it a slight sweet to balance the Szechuan. The delicious tortuous aroma is filling my home in a good way, not a “this is killing all my senses” way. These particular flat noodles are from Vietnam, which I’m eating with a bamboo spork. Freshly made Asian noodles are a whole separate excursion. This journey could take awhile.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
BBQed spare ribs in the NFG. Asparagus (much to Dear Richard's chagrin). Applesauce from the freezer. And some braided rolls that I'm working on now.
LOL, tell Dear Richard that next year, you'll skip the asparagus and plant zucchini instead. THAT should scare him (and half the neighbors) into silence.

Lunch will be a breakfast burrito. Dinner will be beef stew and cornbread.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Himself had some dental work yesterday so that influences meal planning. Tonight we had elbow macaroni as a base for cut up chicken white meat with sauteed with butter and EVOO mushrooms (seems to be my constant fallback embellishment, doesn't it) and frozen sliced red and green pepper and onion. Meh, won't get it again. Green peas. Thickened pan juices with a little corn starch. And alittle dish of shredded sharp white cheddar for each diner to add as they please at the table.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
LOL, tell Dear Richard that next year, you'll skip the asparagus and plant zucchini instead. THAT should scare him (and half the neighbors) into silence.
:lol: When we plant zucchini and the neighbors see me coming, they run into the house and lock the door! Not really, they're always happy to take what we give them. Although one year, I planted enough zucchini that it pretty much took over the garden. We ate zucchini for weeks and weeks on end, I gave it away, I would have paid people to take it. That was the year that I canned a double batch of zucchini relish and even gave that away!

I have two chicken breasts thawing. I'll marinate them, slice them up, sauté them with peppers and onions, and serve in flatbreads. With a salad, that will be dinner.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Rice vinegar
toasted sesame oil
regular sesame oil
cilantro (yes, cilantro)
minced garlic
a teeeeensy smidge of chili oil (having learned my lesson)
shallots
bit of brown sugar
scallions
fresh ginger
dab of soy sauce

marinate it

Put lovingly over your favorite Asian noodle w a handful of fresh peas and roasted sesame seeds. Best if the ginger and scallions have more say.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so excited, I finally got my permanent crown after five weeks of eating on one side and trying to be extra careful on the other. :happycat:
Since the weather turned cooler I told DH I'd buy what I needed to make my pasta casserole with salad and we had Yasso coffee chocolate chip bars for dessert.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I adore this abundance of zucchini poem by Marge Piercy: Attack Of The Squash People by Marge Piercy
That poem is perfect!
This year, we planted one each of zucchini and yellow squash, which will be more than enough to suit our needs, plus to give a couple of our neighbors.

Yesterday morning, I threw together a tuna-pasta (and asparagus) salad to have for dinner last night. We had it with a couple garlic-parm rolls and ice cream later on. There's still a bit left for tonight.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I worked in the yard all afternoon so didn't have time to cook. DH heated up a turkey burger and made a sandwich with baked beans. I made a large sweet potato with slices of avocado. Honeycrisp apple for dessert.

Status
Not open for further replies.