What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Last minute decision to have breakfast for dinner - scrambled eggs w/veggies and cinnamon raisin toast for me. DH had a toasted onion bagel with maple turkey, swiss cheese and lettuce plus baby carrots. We both had blueberries and strawberries for dessert.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch will be either a pimento cheese sandwich, or a scrambled egg and English muffin. Dinner...chicken strips. LOL, I have those every other day. I like them, I don't get tired of them, and they easily fit in the budget!

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to a koreanresturant version of what they call chinese food😅ordered their version of sweet an sour shrimp with a spicy kick to it . The shrimps are battered and deep fried . wasnt to bad just to me its never gonna be chinese food🤣

Attachments

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Remember that pizza I was making on Friday? Uh, nope didn't happen. Rick went to a benefit auction and came home with rib dinners. On Saturday, Rick went back to said auction and came home with BBQ chicken.

I don't feel like making pizza dough today for the ham. But I can't let it go forever. Maybe a ham and cheese stromboli. Or ham and cheese calzones. But that means I'm still making dough. Bleah

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AT this time of year I use canned corn. So -

Open can, drain away liquid. Empty corn into a bowl.
Separate an egg. Set white aside in clean bowl, add yolk to corn. Mix.
Add 2 Tablespoons milk, 3 Tablespoons flour to corn and egg yolk, alternating flour, milk, repeat.
Beat egg white until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter.
Cook by large spoonful in lightly oiled hot cast iron frying pan. Turn when underside is browned to brown second side.
Serve while hot.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I roasted a turkey thigh. The girls and I shared about half of it. I had some au gratin potatoes with mine. We'll have the other half tomorrow. There are plenty of potatoes for me also. Nice and easy.

Both of the girls are like little snapping turtles when it comes to turkey. They get so annoyed when I have to give the meat a few minutes to cool off before I can give it to them. :angrycat::angrycat:

Status
Not open for further replies.