What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night, I had a sandwich.. my own. I have not had one for a long time. I stopped at the Italian Deli, picked up a nice fresh loaf Scali bread... Got some Land O' Lakes American cheese, some Black Forest ham, and as a treat, a few slices of Imported Mortadella with pistachios.. So salty, but I have not had it in many years. It was a treat.

Last night was a ham and cheese sandwich, with Utz rippled potato chips and bread & butter pickles.. with some ice cream for dessert.

Tonight will be the same, without the ice cream.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm thinking breakfast for dinner - scrambled eggs with chopped veggies and cinnamon toast. DH doesn't like eggs so once again he's undecided. But I know he'll finish the mocha chocolate chip ice cream we have for dessert. :biggrin:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
J has recently decided she likes crab rangoon, so I guess she is my child after all.
What the heck is that? Doesn't sound like Chinese food? :thumbsup:

scrambled eggs with chopped veggies and cinnamon toast.
Cool idea to have cinnamon toast with your meal, I gotta try that.

Lunch: Had a veggie fried calzone on the Indian (Native American?) Reservation outside of town. Pineapple, Mushroom, Green Pepper, Onion, Cheese, Marinara on the side.

Dinner: Had some of Dad's spaghetti & veggie instapot concoction, and I added diced up vegetarian fake fish patties, and some honey roasted sesame sticks. Yuck! I don't know what sesame sticks are, but they were gross! I also didn't like the sesame chips/crackers? that I had last week.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our Winter Day Dinner last night turned into Salisbury steaks with lots of onions in a beef gravy and served over noodles. With thymed peas as a side. And I threw together a pan of chocolate fudge brownies. It's been ages since I made brownies and they are delicious. I did 4 Salisbury steaks, so we have leftovers for probably Saturday night.

I have chicken thighs thawing now to BBQ air fry in the NFG. I'm going to make French fries in the NFG, too.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Broiled hot dog on toasted bun with line of yellow mustard, instant mashed potatoes, steamed fresh Brussels sprouts. I should say "thank you" to covid 19 because I bought instant mashed potatoes as one of my prep items. Never had them prior. But with boiling water, hot milk, butter, and a soupcon of salt they're actually rather nice.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Broiled hot dog on toasted bun with line of yellow mustard, instant mashed potatoes, steamed fresh Brussels sprouts. I should say "thank you" to covid 19 because I bought instant mashed potatoes as one of my prep items. Never had them prior. But with boiling water, hot milk, butter, and a soupcon of salt they're actually rather nice.
C catapault I keep instant potatoes on hand for potato bread and potato doughnuts. Instant potatoes aren't what they used to be.

I think we're going to have our leftover Salisbury steaks tonight.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
instant mashed potatoes
I love instant mashed potatoes! Whipped, fluffy, smooth clouds of heaven!

Subway:
Half a Veggie Patty Sub-- Toasted Hearty Multigrain Bread, Veggie Patty, American Cheese, Lettuce, Spinach, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Green Peppers, Red Onions, Pickles, Black Olives, Jalapenos, Banana Peppers, Regular Mayonnaise, MVP Parmesan Vinaigrette, Black Pepper, Parmesan Cheese.

I added Mateo's Hot Taco Sauce. Yum!
1682125613269.png

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I made avocado toast w/veggies and melted swiss cheese, applesauce on the side. DH had a turkey and swiss cheese sandwich with tater tots and baby carrots. Red seedless grapes and dark chocolate almond butter cups for dessert.

Status
Not open for further replies.