What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Leftovers from Easter: ravioli, meatball. This time ice cream.

Eating soft food for a few days. I had a Dental crown replaced yesterday. I was so surprised because it was such an easy procedure compared to the torture I went through years ago. The gum is still a bit sore when brushing and trying to chew on that side. Have to stay away from hot stuff for 2 -3 days. So expensive. But much less pain.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We ended up with beef pot pie last night and it was really good. Pickled cabbage to go with and apple pie for dessert. We dearly love pot pie; Rick prefers beef and I like both beef and chicken or turkey. Even ham pot pie hits the spot. I probably won't make it again now until it cools back down in the fall.

Tonight is pizza. I took pizza sauce out of the freezer yesterday. Pepperoni with onions and peppers.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Still on soft food.. Since Geoffrey had a ton of vomiting on Monday, and a very bad appetite since then, I am going to see if I can jump start it with some Tuna today. I plan on making Tuna fish and egg salad sandwich for myself, with a good portion, along with the tuna water, given to him.

Poor guy... It has been a battle to get him to eat anything since Monday. He vomited 5 times in one day... He has only been eating the bare minimum. I gave him a full dose of mirataz last night. He did eat better. I do not know if it is from the
OTC Rawz rabbit food, or something else... I took the Rawz away.

He stopped eating breakfast a few weeks ago. I had the IMVet look at his teeth, during his exam, a month ago.. But it may be time to discuss making a dental visit, with a dentist.. They are so few and far between.

Any way.. Tuna and Egg salad tonight. Either eaten from the plate, or on a very soft roll.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Eating soft food for a few days. I had a Dental crown replaced yesterday.
I sympathize and feel your pain. 🤗 I recently had a root canal and go for a crown in a few weeks. I've been on a soft food diet too and chewing on only one side. Since I can't give up my coffee I asked the endodontist if I can have it at room temperature and thankfully he said yes.:yess: However, I'm sorry about Geoffrey's appetite and his vomiting. Fingers crossed you both feel better soon.:crossfingers:

I'm stuffed from lunch with friends so only having half of a pb&j or grilled cheese sandwich with apple sauce for dinner. I told DH he's on his own and he gave me a look. :rolleyes:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, teeth. Oh boy can I relate! On Wednesday the endodontist implanted a post where I had two teeth pulled last December. In 5 months I get a single replacement - it's at the end of my upper teeth on left and oh boy is this expensive dentistry.

Today is not bad but yesterday and last night it was painful. Don't know if it was the antibiotic I'm taking for several days or the pain medication I took at bedtime. But I was so uncomfortable. Like poor Geoffrey. I woke up in the night and headed to the bathroom, where I was vomiting. And I do not have hairballs.

But today I managed a chicken salad wrap for lunch and spaghetti with meat sauce for supper, along with some mixed frozen vegetables micro-zapped to cook them. You know, the usual meadley of carrots / peas / green beans / corn.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch was a chicken salad sandwich. Dinner will be, again, chicken strips, mac and cheese, and corn. But LAST night! Oh, that was Cajun season Alfredo with chicken and smoked sausage.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beef tacos on soft corn tortillas. Bowls of salsa and another of shredded white cheddar to embellish as desired. Avocado, sliced / diced with a wedge of lime to squeeze over. Himself had a beer. I 1) didn't think it would be a good idea what with antibiotic I'm on, and 2) there was only one

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch was a chicken salad sandwich. Dinner will be Chicken Cordon Bleu with pasta.

Yes, I'm eating a lot of chicken salad. I bought the smallest container they have, but that's enough for a week's worth of sandwiches, and I just do not throw food away. I'm almost constitutionally incapable of throwing food away. LOL, comes from having a father who was raised during the Great Depression.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm almost constitutionally incapable of throwing food away.
Me too. One time I put a jar of opened vegan mayo in my bedside night table by mistake. I did not find it till 2 weeks later but did I throw it away? No way, I paid too much money for it. I used the whole jar and I did not get sick. I feel
because I don't eat eggs or meat my food will stay good for a long time. I eat Chinese food that has been in the fridge for weeks and it is still good. It kills me seeing how much food is thrown away here.

I had tofu pizza last night. I didn't think it would taste good but it was delicious. It had fresh dough, tofu, green and red pppers and onions.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got up, I fed the cats, we went out and hooked up the three rain barrels behind my tool shed. As you might have guessed it is supposed to rain today. Then we came in and I am having my coffee.

Himself said before I go off this afternoon for my lecture A Year in the Country at the feed and mercantile store I should give him the information about the greenhouse roof vents to review. Can do. And I want to get the fifth and last long shade cloth panel up before I go too.

UPDATE This needs to be shifted to Name Three Things. What can I say? I have not finished my coffee yet, and don't even know what we'll have for dinner!

Status
Not open for further replies.