Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
C catapault Very nearly the same thing. Bacon, brown sugar, apples, onions, apple cider vinegar, various spices. I tried it tonight. It was quite yummy, but it has a real BITE, what with the onions and spices. Next time I use it, it will only be a light smear!

Lunch was the last of the pork medallions, the last of the blackeyed peas, and a bit of left-over turnip greens. I'll polish those off tomorrow. Dunno about dinner. I'm stuffed right now. Maybe a small bowl of cereal.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Made a stroganoff knock off...the meatballs I made the other night in onion gravy with sliced mushrooms,noodles and steamed brocolli.It tasted really good as it was so no sour cream needed.
lizzie lizzie That would have been perfect for me....you know how I feel about sour cream! :cringe:

Last night, I made bacon with brown sugar, a bit of cayenne, and some crushed red pepper. In the oven. And to go with the bacon (because they "say" you can't have just bacon for supper), I made omelets with onion, red pepper, more bacon, and cheddar. Toast, because I love toast. We even had OJ!

Tonight, the menu will be chicken thighs in the NFG with a salad.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not sure yet i already cooked up a pot of chicken rice poridge its easy to eat and digest. for gf to eat over several days cause i know her appetite will be screwed up from stressing about her mom so it will be easy for me .to warm a bowl up and get her fed. maybe grab something after my new doc appointment while on our way home

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last night was the last serving Lentil Spinach soup from the freezer, with a fresh homemade blueberry muffin and some grapes for dessert.

Tonight I think I'm going to make Crockpot Minestrone. It makes several servings, so I'll probably have it 2 days, then freeze the rest.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick found an interesting recipe for wings in Yankee magazine that called to him. It uses maple syrup and sriracha. I know I have wings in the freezer, but can't find them. If I do find them, we'll have them for dinner tonight with a platter of fresh veggies to go with them.

If I can't find them, well, I guess we'll have pizza. Pizza always works in this house.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rick found an interesting recipe for wings in Yankee magazine that called to him. It uses maple syrup and sriracha. I know I have wings in the freezer, but can't find them. If I do find them, we'll have them for dinner tonight with a platter of fresh veggies to go with them.

If I can't find them, well, I guess we'll have pizza. Pizza always works in this house.
I think I'm having wings tonight too. I get mine from Wild Fork Foods. If you've never tried them, I recommend them highly. Meat and seafood market delivered to your door

They have great meats and the pricing is better than grocery stores on a lot of stuff. They also have vegetarian options like meat substitutes. Their frozen pizzas are imported from Italy and are really good.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm making a bowl with veggie fried rice, avocado, green onion and stewed tomatoes. I have some toasted sesame seeds which I'll put on top. A friend of DH went out for dinner and brought him a pan pizza which he's drooling over. 🤤 Honeycrisp apple for dessert.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Broiled steel head trout fillet, tricolor penne, Green Giant honey glazed carrots and GG peas with butter sauce.

But wait, there's more! For tomorrow. Four bone-in, skin on chicken thighs cacciatore style (sliced onion, carrot, celery, tomato paste, vermouth) slow simmered. Oh yes, I also added two sticks of venison kielbasa. Pot is cooling off outdoors. Always tastes better the second day. Which is why we had the fish tonight and will have the cacciatore tomorrow. Got it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch was an egg salad sandwich. Dinner will be another egg salad sandwich. I got a little over eager with the egg salad. Actually, I just wanted to boil some eggs. I do that really, really well. I can reliably hard-boil any number of eggs without any of them forming that nasty gray-green skin on the yolks, and can peel them without chunks tearing out of the whites. It's one of my few culinary talents, such as it is. I'm really popular around Easter, boiling, peeling and halving eggs for my neighbors to make deviled eggs with.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I was smiling at the sight of your neighbors all coming over to your house with their eggs and you boiling eggs for them.

Our wings (yes, Rick found them) were a bit of a hit last night. They were good, but could have been better. This time I followed the recipe and did them in the oven. Next time, they're going into the NFG. For some reason, wings just do better in the NFG than in the oven. The seasoning was just kosher salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Throw into the fridge for at least 30 minutes to 24 hours (I did two hours). Bake at 425 for 30 minutes, then glaze with maple syrup, sriracha, and soy sauce, bake 7 minutes, turn over, glaze again, and another 7 minutes. I had to do ours longer than that. We liked the taste, but there's tweaking I could do. Made a bowl of potato salad to go with. (I'm on a PA Dutch forum on FB and people were making potato salad and macaroni salad yesterday and, well, the power of suggestion. :) And I dearly love potato salad.)

Tonight will either be mac and cheese or calling for pizza.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's one of my few culinary talents, such as it is. I'm really popular around Easter, boiling, peeling and halving eggs for my neighbors to make deviled eggs with.
You might want to consider cultivating a new culinary talent since egg prices are once again going up due to bird flu. I bet HeKitty could help with a new easy to fix recipe. :biggrin:

I don't usually plan ahead for dinner on weekends, heck I don't always plan ahead for dinner during the week either but I'm thinking maybe pasta or individual pizzas for both of us tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.