What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Haven't been cooking much at all since Thanksgiving. We lived on leftovers all weekend, went out to a late breakfast on Monday (and Rick had a sandwich Monday night), pizza on Tuesday, and went out to a late lunch/early dinner yesterday.

Tonight will be meatloaf (I'm making it, since Rick reminded me that he made it the last time....he hates cooking). Thinking of green beans and roasted butternut. I have some Grannies left and may take a page from C catapault and make an apple cobbler for dessert.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I was thinking of French onion soup for a Friday night supper, but I don't know.

I found a recipe for a French onion pork loin (but this is for Sunday dinner) that you cut open, slather with the onions, roll up, and tie. I'd like to play around with that recipe on Sunday, maybe add some apples, use some cider. Rick will not eat the soup tonight and then have the roast on Sunday.

So I have to think about tonight. Pizza, it is. Probably. Most likely. Maybe in a cast iron skillet. We'll see.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Met friends for lunch and had a yummy entree salad with fresh sourdough bread. Of course, coffee too! 😉 I took the leftovers home and will have them for dinner tonight. DH is in the mood for a turkey burger w/swiss cheese so I picked up a few onion rolls for him. Honeycrisp apples for dessert.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Ended up with toasted meatloaf sandwiches with slices of Jarlsberg cheese last night.
The pizza will be tonight. I took the dough ball out of the freezer this morning to thaw in the fridge until noon or so, then I'll put it out on the counter to rise a wee bit. Onions, peppers, pepperoni, and assorted cheeses. Our standard. (I need to make more pizza sauce at some point.)

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I had a sandwich with mayo,
proviolone cheese, tomato, and ciabatta bread. Also some Lays potato chips,
real diet coke and 3 White Reese's Miniature Cups for dessert.

Tonight I had Amy's organic Chili, a corn muffin from Costco, diet coke and 3 White Reese's Miniature Cups for dessert.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last night I had a sandwich with mayo,
proviolone cheese, tomato, and ciabatta bread. Also some Lays potato chips,
real diet coke and 3 White Reese's Miniature Cups for dessert.

Tonight I had Amy's organic Chili, a corn muffin from Costco, diet coke and 3 White Reese's Miniature Cups for dessert.
As soon as I read your dessert, I snuck into the lobby and grabbed a few Mini Reese's cups out of the candy dish! :lol:
I had a small portion of rib eye, a HUGE Greek salad and some french bread and butter.

Status
Not open for further replies.