What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I just put a pork loin in the NFG. Butterflied the thing, filled it with sauteed onions and shredded Gruyere, tolled it up and tied it. It's roasting now and I will slather it with more onions and shredded cheese. Oh, and I had brined it right after I butterflied it in apple cider, salt, and seasonings, before filling it. To be served with corn, applesauce, and pickled cabbage. And iced tea.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I just put a pork loin in the NFG. Butterflied the thing, filled it with sauteed onions and shredded Gruyere, tolled it up and tied it. It's roasting now and I will slather it with more onions and shredded cheese. Oh, and I had brined it right after I butterflied it in apple cider, salt, and seasonings, before filling it. To be served with corn, applesauce, and pickled cabbage. And iced tea.
sounds so good...

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
That pork loin was decadent! Saving the recipe because there will be a next time. While Dear Richard was slicing the roast, I caught him picking off the crust of onions and melted cheese and munching down. Several people who tried the recipe said it was very dry. So after butterflying the loin and pounding it down, I brined it in apple cider, salt, and spices for the afternoon, but probably could have gone all night. It did the trick and the roast was not dry at all. So delicious! (I did it in the NFG on Roast, not the oven, at 350, until the thermometer said 135. Then slathered the remaining onions and cheese over the roast, turned the NFG off, and put the lid down. Let it rest until it hit 140, which was plenty for pork.)

And we have leftovers!

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, here I am, doing an early morning run again. Waiting on the flooring company to come. They will either repair my floor today, or replace it after the first of the year (my choice...tree and decorations down). But tonight will be corn chowder for one meal, and Salisbury steak with mashed potatoes and corn, in some order or another. Unless I get a real craving for scrambled eggs and an English muffin.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've been eating more and more vegetables and I forgot how much I actually like them. I cut up the leftover rib-eye and tossed it in with some zuchinni, squash, and broccoli and then added some peppers and onions a minute or two before it was all ready so they still had some crunch. I had a big salad and 3 boiled eggs for lunch, and boiled some for Livie and the cats for their meals too. Now, to just keep up with the kitchen and dishes!

Status
Not open for further replies.