What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
When Rick was a child, his mom served Brussels sprouts. Rick refused to eat them and they made him stay at the table until they were gone. He eventually did eat them, made it halfway up the stairs to his room when the sprouts came back up. His mother was not amused. For years, he refused to even touch Brussels sprouts, until I started halving them, and sauteing them with bacon. And when he told his mom that he started eating Brussels sprouts, she was still peeved....because he never ate them at home! We grew them in the garden last year (2021), but didn't get many.

We had pizza last night, so I'm doing the chicken tonight.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL, I had bagel bite pizzas for lunch AND dinner. Just didn't feel like dealing with anything.

My daughter will happily eat straight sour cream.
I so understand your daughter. If you get worried about butterfat content, try her with plain, unsweetened yogurt. Same thing. Made in the same machines, but far less butterfat.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I so understand your daughter. If you get worried about butterfat content, try her with plain, unsweetened yogurt. Same thing. Made in the same machines, but far less butterfat.
Her pediatrician was concerned she wasn't gaining enough weight at her last appointment despite the fact that she snacks all the time, so right now she can have all the sour cream she wants.

I made French onion soup last night. J ate mozzarella cheese and two bites of soup soaked bread. Every time she got an onion in her mouth she pulled it right back out.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pot pie with chicken, carrot, celery, pearl onions, broth thickened with cornstarch topped with dollops of biscuit type topping.

Apple cobblers for dessert, as long as the oven was going. Sweetened topping over chunks of apples with cinnamon, cornstarch thickened liquid etc.

Very pleasant dinner on a typically chilly December evening

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cleaned out half the chicken bones I've been saving in the freezer and filled my stock pot!I had hopes for chicken and dumplings but someone wanted buttermilk biscuits,so I made chicken stew instead.It was yummy,and I ended up putting almost a gallon of chicken broth in the freezer.One of these days I'll clean out the other half and get that made and frozen.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For dinner they had pepperoni pizza, marinated vegetable salad and chocolate pudding. At lunch I asked if I could have a slice of pizza baked without the pepperoni. The server said that would be fine but when I got the pizza I could tell that it was cooked with the pepperoni and they just took the meat off. I just ate the little dab of vegetables I was given. When I got back upstairs I made a tomato sandwich for my dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.