What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We met up with a friend last night and I ordered lasagna. But by the time I got through appetizers and a piece of garlic bread, I was full so I brought it home. :lol: So I had that for lunch, and tonight I had stew meat and cut up zucchini, onion, and peppers with some island sauce stuff.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
General Tso's chicken over a bed of brown rice. I took chicken out of the freezer yesterday and put it in the fridge to thaw. Rick loves the stuff, but the restaurants always make it a little on the sweeter side. We like it spicier.

ETA: Our chili yesterday turned out to be vegetable soup. That's what happens when things in the freezer are not labelled!

Last edited:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I liked the stir fry I had yesterday so much I made it again. But I cooked it for less time, on the highest heat I could, and added the sauce with the meat because last night I added it with the vegetables and it cooled down the skillet, which messed with it a little. The veggies last night were good but tonight they were much more crispy.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We had veggie burritos topped with beanless chili,
I either need new glasses or a psych evaluation. I first read that as "hairless" chili, and thought, "HUH, WHAT?"

Lunch was a Backyard barbecue dinner, and dinner will be an Engilsh muffin and a scrambled egg.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night we had braised boneless pork shoulder chunks with diced carrots over rice. The meat was fork tender. Himself said it was good but tasted different. I had used a bouquet garni of fresh thyme, rosemary, and a bay leaf, after tossing meat with a little salt and fresh crushed black pepper corns in the refrigerator for about 4 hours. No idea what he was tasting as "different."

No idea what's for dinner tonight but the day is young.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
The Tenants Association provided their yearly Chinese Buffet Lunch. I did go. I think last year I stayed away.
I used to work in Chinatown, so I had a ton of really good, and some bad Chinese Food. I am used to really authentic Chinese food. Not the Americanized versions.

Today's food was blah!! just blah... from a local restaurant. They had tons of food, but.... very greasy, and no flavor ...
The egg rolls were stuffed with glass noodles and just a teeny tiny sliver of carrot, and was full of grease..

I took my plate upstairs; for a good reason. I did not want anyone to see how much I threw out. I only ate maybe 1/2 of the plate, and are regretting it... yuck...

Status
Not open for further replies.