What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks. I'm gonna buy the first jar, with the peanuts in it. Yum!
That's the one I buy from the Asian supermarket. It's really good :) It has a nice spicy kick which isn't too much for me.

Do you have any cottage cheese? It's very similar.
No and I don't like cottage cheese. Or ricotta either but at least tomato sauce and other ingredients masks the taste.

The baked pasta came out well despite not having the ricotta cheese. It was sweeter than last time but that's because I used tomato and basil pasta sauce instead of marinara sauce. Again, lousy supermarket selection :hmmm: I added cilantro as a garnish for the flavor and color.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yum! How did J like the real legit dairy cheese?
She's been having it! I'd been giving her noodles with a cheese sauce for a week and then waited a few days to call it a pass because I don't think she had bad reactions. I had to wait until she passed so my milk would stay safe. She loved dinner, though. I'm probably only going to have melted cheese 2-4 times a week for now, so as not to overdo it.

Just a mac n chao for tonight. I ate too much at my niece's grad party today and am not super hungry.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I made a falafel sandwich with the new hummus I bought yesterday, pita bread, shredded lettuce, onion and tomato. DH does not love falafel like me so he had a turkey burger with tater tots. Coffee ice cream and strawberries for dessert.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
well i ended up with graycies hairball right next to my elbow on the place mat next to me
Our cats are so good to us, aren't they? I was having lunch at my desk and Sophie likes to sit with me sometimes. I put my spoon down because I was doing something else. I looked for the spoon and couldn't find it. I finally found it. Yeah. Our girl was sitting on it. I told her I had to get a new spoon because her tushie had been all over the one I had. She just gave me a look like, "That sounds like a YOU problem and not a ME problem." :lol: :rolleyes2:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My post is going to seem dull, after those "cute" dinner time cat tales, but I can't help it if I have a well behaved cat.
(yes I remember that Ruby won the naughty cat pic of the month. :lol:)

But about my dinner, LOL, last night I made mushroom fried rice. It makes 2 servings, so having the rest tonight.

1653934678591.png

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I'll have to try crushing Takis up on a veggie dog. I've heard of that Chili Crisp in a jar and have always wanted to try it.

We had pancakes for dinner, with Chocolate Chips with that new fruit sweetener Allulose in them. They were so gross! I usually don't mind those natural fake sugars, but that was terrible and bitter. 1TB Butter, 2TB Maple Syrup, 1TB Cinnamon Honey, 1/4 Cup Walnuts, Sliced Almonds, Pecans.
I accidentally bought Log Cabin “Lite” syrup. Didn’t realize it until I tried it on French Toast and almost choked on the first bite. Terrible taste and texture. I emailed the Log Cabin people and complained that putting “Lite” in tiny letters near the bottom was misleading customers and they responded that they are sending me coupons, hopefully for the real stuff.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I accidentally bought Log Cabin “Lite” syrup. Didn’t realize it until I tried it on French Toast and almost choked on the first bite. Terrible taste and texture. I emailed the Log Cabin people and complained that putting “Lite” in tiny letters near the bottom was misleading customers and they responded that they are sending me coupons, hopefully for the real stuff.
Yikes!! I cannot stand the taste of sugar substitutes!
I only use Real Maple Syrup.. I tis pricey, but I deserve it.
~~~
Supper was just a tuna fish sandwich after I came in from the sitting outside, in the courtyard. It was peaceful.. birds chirping... almost cloudless sky. Terrible heat out there, but I was in the shade, listening to music, reading, just relaxing.. watching the sky, the few clouds. A neighbor came out to practice Bocce. I asked if I could join him. We played for a good hour. I came in soaking wet from the sweat.. I cooled off, cuddled with Geoffrey on top of the bed, and dozed off for a little. Did not feel as if I slept, but I must have because I remember dreaming.. yet it seeming so real..

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The Log Cabin brand isn't real maple syrup. It's just corn syrup with sugar and coloring and preservatives added. It's properly called table or pancake syrup because it contains no maple syrup. Real maple syrup contains one ingredient while table syrup contains a dozen or more ingredients.

I buy a locally produced real maple syrup. I think the last quart jug I bought from the grocery store before they closed cost close to $20 but it was well worth it. I haven't been able to find the brand anywhere else so I'm looking for a new local brand.

Leftover baked pasta with a salad for dinner tonight.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
The Log Cabin brand isn't real maple syrup. It's just corn syrup with sugar and coloring and preservatives added. It's properly called table or pancake syrup because it contains no maple syrup. Real maple syrup contains one ingredient while table syrup contains a dozen or more ingredients.

I buy a locally produced real maple syrup. I think the last quart jug I bought from the grocery store before they closed cost close to $20 but it was well worth it. I haven't been able to find the brand anywhere else so I'm looking for a new local brand.

Leftover baked pasta with a salad for dinner tonight.
I like the taste and texture of a mix of a syrup like log cabin and real maple syrup . You can buy a blend but it’s cheaper to buy a bottle of real maple syrup and mix it into a Log Cabin type. Fortunately for me I was hungry and didn’t take the time to mix the two. I would have been really really annoyed if I wasted maple syrup.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
last night I made mushroom fried rice
That looks so good! Did you post the recipe? Is that eggs on top?

pricey, but I deserve it.
I like the way you think!

We had that Freschetta gluten free cheese pizza, but we added a ton of stuff to it- bell pepper, onion, corn, shredded cheese, pizza sauce, salsa, pineapple. It was really good with the corn on it! Weird idea, but glad I tried it. I really liked the Classico Pizza Sauce too! It was sweet and delicious, better than pasta sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.