What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beans and rice are a staple for vegetarians and that was the first time they had beans and rice together in the 2 years I've been here.
Dang, beans are like the one cheap food! They are being so stingy! They don't know what they are doing. Even I can cook and afford beans. Sorry they treat you like that.

Lunch: 2 Slices Dad's Homemade Bread Toasted, 1/4 Cup Vanilla Granola Butter, 1 Sliced Gala Apple. I really like this granola butter, I thought it would be too sweet, but it's good.

Dinner: I mixed the 2 leftover Pasta Bake Casseroles together, the Alfredo one and the Tomato Sauce one. Then I added 1/2Tsp Red Pepper Flakes and 1/8Tsp Salt. It was pretty good that way, it really improved it. The gluten free pasta was all mushy though and pretty much dissolving!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dang, beans are like the one cheap food! They are being so stingy! They don't know what they are doing. Even I can cook and afford beans.
Yep! Even when they have beans they add ham, pork, etc. so I can't eat them.

I brought some tofu yesterday and asked the cook if she would cook it for me. She stirred fried it with zucchini, broccoli, carrots and caulifower and it was delcious. I thanked her and she said she had some left over and would give it to me tonight. I could eat tofu every day.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was a weird food day.... Breakfast was TJ's oatmeal yogurt.. had a second breakfast of iced coffee and stuffed bagel bites. I really like them.
My lunch time snack was leftover chicken breast from night before--with a mayo based dressing of mine. At least a bit of protein.

For supper, not very hungry--wanted junk, comfort food.. Jarlsberg Cheese, Crackers, and a lot of ice cream.
The day was just mixed up... and not offering anything appealing to me for supper. Tired of the sales here... it was frozen meatball sub, or chicken salad sub, or a large Salad, or chicken Brest with either a baked or sweet potato... nothing interesting.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
could eat tofu every day.
I can get 5 meals out of a block of Tofu! I put little piles of it in my stir-fry.

Beef shawarma
Sounds fancy!

Lunch: 2 Slices Dad's Homemade Bread Toasted, 1/4 Cup Vanilla Granola Butter, finished it up, 1 Sliced Gala Apple on top.

Dinner: Leftover Veggie Alfredo Bake, I added 1/8Tsp Salt, 1/2Tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, handful of Tostitos Yellow Tortilla Chips. It was pretty good, besides being mushy. Probably would have been better without the gluten free pasta.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
M maggiedemi The Spicy Hot Dog That Will Ruin You for All Others You can use vegetarian hot dogs or sausage or something instead :)

I took a grilled chicken meal out of the freezer. I skipped all the subscription deliveries this month. None of the offerings appealed to me. It doesn't look like the first week of June's offering is available yet.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Butternut squash ravioli over spinach leaves tonight for me and I'm making some type of chicken dish, maybe chicken parmesan for DH.
Bought more strawberries on sale today so that will be dessert.

Status
Not open for further replies.