What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My post is going to seem dull, after those "cute" dinner time cat tales, but I can't help it if I have a well behaved cat.
(yes I remember that Ruby won the naughty cat pic of the month. :lol:)

But about my dinner, LOL, last night I made mushroom fried rice. It makes 2 servings, so having the rest tonight.

View attachment 421876
That looks delicious.

One time I was eating my dinner in front of my computer and Tommy jumped up on the desk and he walked across the screen and he stepped into my bowl of tomato soup. I was pissed because it was very painfull for me to have to go up and down the steps to get something to eat.

Last night I had taco salad (lettuce, cheese and some chips), corn and bean salad and some watermelon for dessert. It would be nice to have fresh fruit for dessert instead of cookies, tasteless cakes, jello and canned fruit.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That looks so good! Did you post the recipe? Is that eggs on top?
I don't really use a recipe, so haven't posted it. Yes, eggs on top.

Here's my "recipe":
Chop up onion and mushrooms, then sauté till cooked till softened. Crack egg into cup, and lightly beat with fork. Push veggies to side of pan, and scramble egg on other side. Add cooked rice (I use one of these Minute Rice® Basmati Rice Cups , 250 g | Walmart Canada) Mix to combine. Mix in 1 cup of frozen peas, and heat until peas are hot. Remove from heat, stir in 1 tablespoon of soy sauce. Makes 2 servings.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks. Saute in olive oil? What temp, medium?
Yes, a drizzle of olive oil. (I'll also add a little cold water, if veggies start sticking to bottom of pan) And, I guess, medium heat, though I'll put it on higher to start, then turn it down (hopefully) before the veggies start to burn. A seasoned chef, I'm not. :lol:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just mixed up some jerk seasoning: minced dried onions, dried thyme, allspice, cinnamon, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper. Will brush thick, boneless pork chops with oil, then dust with seasoning. Brown in oil. Set aside. Saute diced onion and cut red and yellow peppers. Return chops to pan, add bouillon, fresh lime juice, honey. Simmer until chops are done.

Serve with rice and red beans, combined.

At least that's the plan.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I had some pretzels before dinner because I was starving then didn't have too much of an appetite. So I just made a large sweet potato and diced up an avocado on the side. Coffee ice cream and strawberries, (eaten separately), for dessert.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch was mac and cheese with hamburger. Dinner will be a cheeseburger with onions and mayonnaise...IF the burger patty thaws out in time. If it does not, dinner will be something from the pile in the freezer, and I'll do the cheeseburger tomorrow night.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Lunch was mac and cheese with hamburger. Dinner will be a cheeseburger with onions and mayonnaise...IF the burger patty thaws out in time. If it does not, dinner will be something from the pile in the freezer, and I'll do the cheeseburger tomorrow night.
Do you have a “defrost ” option on your microwave? I use that pretty much every time to unthaw 1/4 lb patties.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I stopped a a small non chain grocery this afternoon and they had some great quality produce. I got a perfectly ripe huge cantaloupe (the size of a personal watermelon), a beautifully yellow pineapple and a small firm cucumber at great prices. So dinner will be breaded shrimp from the freezer, cucumber salad and cantaloupe. Tomorrow I will cut up the pineapple and make the cream cheese dip to go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.