What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I thought you were gonna eat all 3 pizzas! Yeah, my mini ones were so small that I had to eat 2. They fit in the toaster easily, they are a little bit bigger than English muffins.
LOL. I probably could eat 2, if I wasn't having anything else. But definitely not three. :lol:

rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama What do you put on your Triscuit crackers? Peanut butter? Put them in soup?
My favourite for both the original and thin Triscuit crackers is to dip them in hummus. Other than that, I just eat them plain.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Last night, we ordered online at Texas Roadhouse and Rick ran down to pick it up. Steaks, ribs, etc. I even made a margarita. Yum!

Tonight is a pork loin roast in the NFG with mashed potatoes and gravy, butternut squash. I'm making enough tonight, so we have leftovers for tomorrow.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicken fajitas and a still warm slice of freshly baked cherry pie. Every time I make a pie I marvel at how good Pillsbury pie crusts are (the refrigerated dough kind, not the frozen shell kind). I know I could make my own crust but no reason to. A cherry pie probably doesn’t take more than five minutes to put together and virtually no cleanup. Cant beat that.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I probably could eat 2, if I wasn't having anything else.
What did you eat with it? I don't usually eat anything with my pizza, so that's why I had 2.

Breakfast: 2 slices of dad's homemade bread toasted, 1TB Justin's vanilla almond butter, 1TB Peanut Butter & Co dark chocolate peanut butter, half a diced Bartlett pear. I still don't like chocolate very much. 6 was too high on the toaster for dad's bread, have to lower it.

Lunch: Dad made homemade mac & cheese with elbow noodles and a can of spicy cheese sauce. I added 1/2TB El Yucateco green habanero hot sauce, Triscuit thin crackers, and some canned lima beans.

Dinner: Huge dinner plate salad- mixed greens (spinach, kale, chard), tomato, onion, cucumber, pineapple, dried fruit medley, slivered almonds, 2 vegan marshmallows, canned mushrooms, crystallized diced ginger, carrots, Triscuit thin crackers, Target salt & vinegar chips, 1 diced Aldi veggie burger cooked in toaster oven with 1TB El Yucateco habanero hot sauce, 3TB Thousand Islands Dressing.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight they gave me mixed vegetables, rice medley, steak fries, a side salad and a piece if cake. I didn't eat the fries or cake. I ate the vegetables and rice and put the salad in the fridge for a snack later. I will add sunflower seeds, cheese, black beans and some beets for some extra protein.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have no clue. None. Nothing sounds particularly interesting right at the present. What I really want is a root beer float. Or two. Or three. What I cannot do is figure out a rational way to consider that a meal, by any stretch of the imagination. Perhaps a piece of cheese toast for supper, leaving plenty of room for more than one root beer float for dessert? Or is that cheating?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no clue. None. Nothing sounds particularly interesting right at the present. What I really want is a root beer float. Or two. Or three. What I cannot do is figure out a rational way to consider that a meal, by any stretch of the imagination. Perhaps a piece of cheese toast for supper, leaving plenty of room for more than one root beer float for dessert? Or is that cheating?
I would maybe do a bean salad (green beans, chick peas, kidney beans) in vinegarette. You’d get your protein in and then have your root beer float.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You don't like steak fries? That salad sounds good. What kind of beets, pickled? I didn't know they were high in protein.
Beets are not high in protein but they do have some. They have a lot of nutrients and are low in calories and they are delicious. I like them pickled. They are also part of an IBS diet.

I did eat a few of the fries. I like them but they have too many carbs. The other night all I had to pick from was steak fries and hush puppies. Everyone else also had fish or roast beef to pick from. I asked for the hush puppies and a side salad but all they gave me were the fries and hush puppies. They were good but very little nutrition.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What did you eat with it? I don't usually eat anything with my pizza, so that's why I had 2.
I usually have a piece of fruit with every meal. And sometimes a cookie, you know, for my sweet tooth.

Sometimes with pizza, I'll also have some salad.

I did eat a few of the fries. I like them but they have too many carbs. The other night all I had to pick from was steak fries and hush puppies. Everyone else also had fish or roast beef to pick from. I asked for the hush puppies and a side salad but all they gave me were the fries and hush puppies. They were good but very little nutrition.
It's so maddening reading that they still are not providing you with food to meet your nutritional needs.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What I really want is a root beer float. Or two. Or three. What I cannot do is figure out a rational way to consider that a meal, by any stretch of the imagination.
Why not? I ate half a pie and called it a pie stromboli. :lol:

The other night all I had to pick from was steak fries and hush puppies.
What are hush puppies? I love carbs. I can eat a whole pack of bagels in a week by myself. My oldest brother would faint, he thinks bagels are the worst.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why not? I ate half a pie and called it a pie stromboli. :lol:

What are hush puppies? I love carbs. I can eat a whole pack of bagels in a week by myself. My oldest brother would faint, he thinks bagels are the worst.
Hush puppies are a small deep fried cornmeal ball. They are usually served with sea food.
I love carbs but I can't live on them 24/7. I need some green vetegetables and some protein once in a while. Lately all they give me are carbs. For lunch they just brought me a grilled cheese, a huge pile of potato chips, a quarter of a pickle and something smothered in melted marshmellow. I asked for some tomato soup but I didn't get it. I have some of Amy's tomato soup I can heat up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.