What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The mini naan bread I bought did fit in the toaster! I had to use 2 pieces because they are so small. I'm gonna try making 2 mini pizzas with the last 2.
Sounds like a plan. Everyone's having Naan pizzas now. :)

The other ones I just toasted up and put butter and cinnamon sugar. They tasted like fried bread dough!
I'm going to have to try that, as it sounds yummy. :yummy:

My Naan pizzas didn't happen, as I ended up using some of the mushrooms and making my fried rice instead. May make the pizzas tomorrow.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Here you go: The naan pizza train strikes again! Actually, I used whole wheat flatbreads instead of naan, but the principle is the same.
They're not fancy, a bit of my own pizza sauce, mozz, a bit of shredded Parm, sauteed peppers, garlic, and onions, and pepperoni. I added a sprinkle each of basil, oregano, and marjoram. Brushed a wee bit of olive oil on both sides of the flatbread, Air-fried in the NFG at 360F for 2 minutes each side, took the flatbread out, layered with cheese, sauce, toppings, and more cheese. Then sprinkled seasonings. Another 4 minutes and....Yum! (I always put a bit of cheese on first thing before adding sauce to try to avoid sogginess)

You know, I've never made flatbread. But I don't know why I shouldn't be able to

PizzaOne.jpg

PizzaTwo.jpg

Tonight's menu is whatever Rick makes or buys or whatever. I'm making donuts today, so will be busy.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Here you go: The naan pizza train strikes again! Actually, I used whole wheat flatbreads instead of naan, but the principle is the same.
They're not fancy, a bit of my own pizza sauce, mozz, a bit of shredded Parm, sauteed peppers, garlic, and onions, and pepperoni. I added a sprinkle each of basil, oregano, and marjoram. Brushed a wee bit of olive oil on both sides of the flatbread, Air-fried in the NFG at 360F for 2 minutes each side, took the flatbread out, layered with cheese, sauce, toppings, and more cheese. Then sprinkled seasonings. Another 4 minutes and....Yum! (I always put a bit of cheese on first thing before adding sauce to try to avoid sogginess)
They look delicious! :yummy:

And, you know, they probably would have been just as good without the pepperoni. Just saying. You know, from us vegetarians. ;)

My Naan pizzas didn't happen again, as I had the leftovers of my mushroom fried rice to finish. Maybe tomorrow for the pizzas.

IMG_2397.jpg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Breakfast: Aldi cinnamon raisin bagel toasted, 2TB Justin's cinnamon almond butter, half a diced Pinata apple on top.

Lunch: Snack plate- Triscuit original thin crackers, spicy cheese sauce, the other half of that diced Pinata apple, diced mature Irish cheese, walnuts, dried fruit medley, dried dates, carrot sticks, celery sticks, 1 vegan marshmallow, diced crystallized ginger, 2 mini Butterfinger bars. I like these thin Triscuits! They are salty and not bland like the ones I had when I was younger.

Dinner: Naan pizza in toaster oven! Pineapple, mushroom, bell pepper, onion, spinach, shredded cheese. It was good, but it needed spices. I used to like this Ragu garden veggie combo pasta sauce right out of the jar. I don't know if they changed it or not, but it was bland, needed spices. I didn't brush it with olive oil either, maybe that would have helped. Cooked it at 425. 15 minutes wasn't long enough, but at 20 it was a little burnt. The raw veggies cooked though.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Busy day in the kitchen making jam again...15 pints of elderberry/blackberry...so dinner for him was a baked potato with sour cream and green onions and I heated up a piece of his chicken for him.I had a baked potato and a small piece of polish sausage and a tomato,onion and cucumber salad.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everybody's dinner looks and sounds so good.

I had mac & cheese, black beans, a salad, dinner roll and a tiny piece of cake. I didn't eat the roll or the cake. They give me too many carbs.

Later I will have a Silk strawberry dairy free yogurt alternative. I thought it was plant based but it does not say it is vegan or vegetarin. It also has "natural flavor" added which could mean anything. A few weeks ago my s/l got me a plant based yogurt that had oats in it and it was so nasty I could not eat it. The Silk yogurt has 6g of protein. Not much but better than nothing. I notice the plant based protein shakes have 16g of protein but the meat based shakes have 30g of protein.

I saw on GMA this morning that a plant based diet may actuałly help prevent dementia. I hope there is some truth in that because both my mother and grandmother had dementia.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Haven't a clue. I just know that I'm not cooking or baking or sauting or Foodi Grilling, or simmering, or boiling. I have had it up to "here" with anything having to do with cooking. I want a night off.

Last night, we ended up with leftover pizza from our flatbread experiment. Rick didn't feel like running or calling for delivery. We had a late dinner of leftovers.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few weeks ago my s/l got me a plant based yogurt that had oats in it and it was so nasty I could not eat it.
It's terrible, isn't it? I thought I'd like it, yogurt and oats are good together. . .but no. Nasty!
I notice the plant based protein shakes have 16g of protein but the meat based shakes have 30g of protein.
Do they really have meat-based protein shakes? I've never seen those. Usually the non-vegan ones are made with whey protein (from milk).

I think I'll make Japanese curry tonight. Pretty sure I have all the ingredients.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[QUOTE="Willowy, post: 5314438, member: 34590"
Do they really have meat-based protein shakes? I've never seen those. Usually the non-vegan ones are made with whey protein (from milk).
[/QUOTE]
My bad. I thought that the non-vegan shakes were meat based but you are right, they get the protein from milk. I could drink them if I got desperate enough. I read that women need 47g of protein a day. I am suppose to be on a high protein diet. I could be vegan again but I am not giving up pizza or cottege cheese.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Made my Naan pizzas for lunch, so think I'll just have some soup and crackers for dinner.

Here's 3 of the pizzas, the 4th one was on my plate, ready for me to eat. :lol:
I didn't have any green pepper, so mushrooms, onion and tomato.

Oh, and M maggiedemi , the naan breads must be a bit bigger than the ones you bought, as they didn't fit in the regular toaster.

IMG_2406.jpg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
few weeks ago my s/l got me a plant based yogurt that had oats in it and it was so nasty I could not eat it.
You mean granola? I tried a yogurt with granola in it and it was gross, the granola got all soggy! Sounds like a great idea, but it didn't work.

Here's 3 of the pizzas, the 4th one was on my plate, ready for me to eat.
I thought you were gonna eat all 3 pizzas! Yeah, my mini ones were so small that I had to eat 2. They fit in the toaster easily, they are a little bit bigger than English muffins.

Breakfast: Bakery on Main banana nut granola, 1/3 cup 2% cow milk.

Lunch: Snack plate- Thin Triscuit crackers, Aldi black bean tortilla chips, dried fruit medley, 1 vegan marshmallow, 1 mini Butterfinger bar, walnuts, diced mature Irish cheese, carrot sticks, diced crystallized ginger, lima beans, 1/4 cup bean dip. I should have heated the bean dip and lima beans up. But it was good. I might be mixing too many flavors though.

Dinner: Leftover corn casserole, lima beans, 1/2TB El Yucateco green habanero hot sauce, 1 pinch spoon spicy fire salt, Triscuit thin crackers crushed up on top. I didn't like the Triscuit crackers on my casserole, they had that dreaded shredded wheat taste! They are good dunked in a dip though.
rubysmama rubysmama What do you put on your Triscuit crackers? Peanut butter? Put them in soup?

Status
Not open for further replies.