What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well,I was wrong about the pizza and salad last night.My neighbor showed up on their 4 wheeler with a package of smoked pork chops and another container with smoked brisket.OMG!And they were hot off the smoker,so guess what we had:) I nuked a couple of potatoes and broke out a jar of pickled beets.So tonight?I made a small bowl of potato salad and gave him a choice,so we're having the pork chops.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
something smothered in melted marshmellow
Did you tell them that most marshmallows aren't vegetarian? Dandies & marshmallow fluff are vegetarian.

Breakfast: Finished up the Bakery on Main banana nut granola, half a Pinata apple, 2% milk.

Lunch: Snack plate- Triscuit thin crackers, salt & vinegar chips, carrot sticks, banana chips, mature Irish cheese, half a diced pear, walnuts, lima beans, bean dip, cinnamon almond butter, blueberry preserves.

Dinner: Aldi broccoli bake in cream sauce, added gluten free elbow noodles, cauliflower, diced up Aldi veggie burger with habanero sauce on it, Trisuit crackers. It was okay, but it needed seasoning. I remember the days when you would cook up a convenience meal and it was ready to go, nowadays you have to add the seasonings yourself. Bummer.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A list of vegan marshmallows: Vegans Rejoice: You Can FINALLY Have Marshmallows In Your Hot Cocoa I'm pretty sure the TJ marshmallows does not cost the stated $806 for a 10 oz bag.

I made some spicy sausage with spinach and pasta for dinner. The recipie calls for kale but I substitute spinach or other green instead. Instead of sausage links, I went the lazy route and bought a pack of ground sausage meat. Cutting open the casings and breaking up each link is a PITA.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you tell them that most marshmallows aren't vegetarian? Dandies & marshmallow fluff are vegetarian.
Yes, I did but they don't care. I can't ask for anything special just for me because it will not be in their budget.

For dinner they had tripoline medley, potato salad, pickle, dinner roll, and lemon meringue pie for side dishes that I could pick from. The aide didn't tell me they had tripoine medley so I asked for potato salad and a pickle. The potato salad looked good but it was loaded with eggs so I could only eat the pickle.

I opened a can of Amy's chili and added some Fritos chili cheese chips. It was a nice change.

Your dinner sounds really good. I vaguely remember what broccoli taste like.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we just had gyros from a kit tonight - pretty boring.
That's not boring!

I could only eat the pickle.
I opened a can of Amy's chili and added some Fritos chili cheese chips.
I want to try Fritos chips one of these days. Jeez, one lonely pickle? I'm glad you have your own food to add to it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Every time I make a pie I marvel at how good Pillsbury pie crusts are (the refrigerated dough kind, not the frozen shell kind). I know I could make my own crust but no reason to. A cherry pie probably doesn’t take more than five minutes to put together and virtually no cleanup. Cant beat that.
I always take advantage of the Dough Boy for pies. Those crusts are really good. Yes, I can make my own pie crusts, but well, the Dough Boy is a lot easier.
I used to fuss with homemade pie dough, esp when Rick's parents came for dinner; there was just no way I could serve my MIL a store crust. But one night, we were sitting at the table after dinner, having dessert and coffee (apple pie). And we started talking about pie dough. Rick's mom said, "Phftt! There's nothing wrong with the Dough Boy!" And my sister had to walk over to pick my jaw off the floor. Evelyn started laughing. And I'm sputtering all over the place. "But....but!" "Oh pooh! All I wanted you to do was learn how to make pie dough! And you do! If you want to make a pie, you can. But there is nothing wrong with the Dough Boy. Nothing! Life is too short!" And I took that to heart.

Remember that pork roast? We didn't have it on Saturday. And I didn't feel like cooking on Sunday, so we had canned soup.
Tonight I must do that pork roast. I have a container of Smokehouse Maple seasoning that I want to try. Still doing the mashed pots and gravy, too.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Breakfast: Bakery on Main walnut apple granola, half a diced Pinata apple, 1/3 cup 2% cow milk.

Lunch: Spicy vegetarian ramen noodles with Triscuit thin crackers on top, which got soggy for some reason. It needed seasoning. They just aren't putting enough seasoning on prepared foods these days.

Dinner: Huge dinner plate salad- mixed greens (spinach, kale, chard), tomato, onion, bell pepper, cucumber, canned mushrooms, pineapple, dried banana chips, dried cranberries, slivered almonds, mature Irish cheese diced, Triscuit thin crackers, 1TB Thousand Islands Dressing, 1TB red pepper hummus, 1 diced veggie burger cooked with 1TB El Yucateco green habanero sauce in toaster oven.

rubysmama rubysmama You are a genius at pairing foods! I wish you could make my snack plates for me. The hummus tasted like it was made to go on these Triscuit crackers. Thanks for the tip. Also, I heated up the hummus for the first time. I really like it warm.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester You must be an influence to me... I took a pork tenderloin out of the freezer, for tonight's supper!!
It is one of those which is already marinated: mustard, herb... We will see how it tastes..

Not sure about sides. I have some old carrots in the refrigerator; need to check on them..
If ok, I may roast them, along with a large baking potato, in the oven.. It all depends.. I also have a bag of carrots with a thyme sauce, in the freezer..

Using up my stock of food...

It was between the pork tenderloin, sirloin strip, chicken, kielbasa, hot dogs, or hamburger. I have them all, in my freezer... along with carrot spirals, zucchini spirals, blueberries, spaghetti squash..
and some chicken soup, and a couple of frozen meals I made..

Need to think what to have for Easter Dinner.... for just me..

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama You are a genius at pairing foods! I wish you could make my snack plates for me. The hummus tasted like it was made to go on these Triscuit crackers. Thanks for the tip. Also, I heated up the hummus for the first time. I really like it warm.
Oh, I wouldn't say I'm a genius at pairing foods, but sometimes I get lucky. :)

Not sure what's for dinner, but I think I'm going to have hummus, carrot sticks and ... surprise, surprise... Triscuits for lunch. :yummy:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sweet & sour pork. Over brown rice.
I was thinking of making a vegetarian version of this if I can find a recipe.

Triscuits for lunch.
They are good with peanut butter & jelly on them too, but they taste like shredded wheat cereal. :lol:

Breakfast: Aldi brioche bagel toasted, 2TB Justin's cinnamon almond butter, half a diced Pinata apple on top.

Lunch: Huge dinner plate salad- mixed greens, diced Pinata apple, dried banana chips, dried cranberries, cucumber, bell pepper, pineapple, vanilla greek yogurt, cottage cheese, slivered almonds, mature Irish cheese, Triscuit thin crackers, hummus, Thousand Islands dressing. Yogurt tasted great mixed with the dressing! I have heard of yogurt dressings before, but never tried them. Canned mushrooms taste gross on salad!

Dinner: We made a spaghetti casserole cake in a cake pan. It was pretty good. It needed more pasta sauce though. I added 1/2TB El Yucateco green habanero sauce, a pinch spoon of spicy fire salt, and some Aldi black bean tortilla chips on top. The casserole had onions, bell peppers, eggs, ricotta, shredded cheese, parmesan cheese, pasta sauce, garlic parsley salt, garlic powder, salsa.

Status
Not open for further replies.