What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For dinner I want to make some type of casserole. I was thinking of making some mac and cheese and adding veggies, cheese, buttered breadcrumbs on top, and baking it.

I need to find a "casseroles for one" type website or cookbook. I like to just throw things together, but it never turns out very well. I guess I could make regular portions and freeze it, but I like variety every day.

Did I tell you guys that I'm making all my own meals now? She screamed at first, but now it's fine. Wish that worked with the washing machine! I've come a long way from not being able to choose my own plate for dinner, to making my own dinner. :cheerleader:
you can do it! keep it up :)

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
W Willowy I went to the IGA this morning, where they had chicken thighs on sale at 99 cents / pound. I do have some in the freezer but with you in mind I bought one package of six thighs (smallish, under 3 pounds total weight.) Will cook them all for dinner tonight, with intentional leftovers. It's hot enough that chicken salad would be nice tomorrow or Monday.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sometimes I wonder if I put too many different things on my salad? Maybe this week I will try one like yours.
Sometimes less is more, but if you like your salads the way you're making them, then all's good. But sure try one of mine, sometime maybe.

Did I tell you guys that I'm making all my own meals now? She screamed at first, but now it's fine. Wish that worked with the washing machine! I've come a long way from not being able to choose my own plate for dinner, to making my own dinner. :cheerleader:
That's great that you're making all your own meals now, and that your mother is ok with it. Maybe there's hope that she'll get less possessive about the washing machine some day too. :crossfingers:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi it's not necessarily casseroles, but here's a couple sites with vegetarian recipes for one.

One
Two!
They look delicious. I would love to try the grilled cheese with blackberries.

Rice, mixed vegetables, salad and butterscotch pudding.

Maggiedemi: Hang in there. I lived with my mother until I was 45 and was able to get my own place. I had an apartment in her basement and had my own kitchen, and bathroom. We got into it at times but it wasn't too bad.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The second one is geared at college students,
Thank you so much for the recipes! That's perfect. 👍

hopefully i got the blend of salty and spicy balanced good
Wow! What spices/sauces did you use?

We got into it at times but it wasn't too bad.
My mother is a psycho. My friend thinks she has EDD. Empathy Deficit Disorder.

For dinner I want to make this. It looks so fabulous and I didn't know that quinoa is high in protein:
Sloppy Joes | Ancient Harvest

Last edited:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! What spices/sauces did you use?
some chinese black bean,garlic paste mixed with this korean chilli paste and some dried red chilli :) pepper added got lucky on the amounts i used though salty enough to open the taste buds up enough for the chilli to burn without killing your sense of taste? if that makes sense

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday, we went to my sister’s for dinner. Hot dogs, macaroni salad, potato salad, baked beans with Rick’s lemon cake for dessert.

Today, Rick is grilling a marinated chicken breast. We will split it with a salad and iced tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.