What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
subway black forest ham 6 inch
Now I'm craving a Subway half a sub. I'll have to get one when I go for my vaccine in a couple weeks. They have a Subway right in Walmart.

There's a chicken wing shortage due to the pandemic and increase in consumer demand.
I wonder if there is also a shortage in hot peppers? My dad wanted a spicy relish, but I couldn't find a single one! All they had was dill or sweet. They didn't even have any hot dog relish, the yellowish one with the mustard in it. 🤔

For dinner I will probably have my famous huge dinner plate salad with Ken's Country French dressing. It's a red French dressing with honey in it. We used to use this on the salad bar at Pizza Hut when I worked there. I don't think they have the salad bar anymore though.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick said he really wants a Papadia for dinner tonight. I'll call Papa John and have them delivered.

Yesterday we did a ham slice in the NFG. I made a potato recipe from Cook's County. It was fingerling potatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, my version of Herbs de Provence, oil, a shallot, and garlic. So good! Rick put the potatoes on the kitchen table with my knife and cutting board. I put the herbs that I needed in a little bag and got everything to the table. And then he put the potatoes in the NFG for me. When the potatoes were finished, he threw them in with the sun-dried tomato mixture. And then did the ham. It's a keeper. Yum.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's also hard-ish to find thighs, and they aren't cheaper anymore. Wings and thighs used to be "undesirable" in the US market and were cheap. I know wings took off because of Buffalo Wild Wings and "wing Wednesdays" at bars but idk what made thighs more popular.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's also hard-ish to find thighs, and they aren't cheaper anymore. Wings and thighs used to be "undesirable" in the US market and were cheap. I know wings took off because of Buffalo Wild Wings and "wing Wednesdays" at bars but idk what made thighs more popular.
I prefer thighs to breasts, but I tend to prefer dark meat.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pasta and canned fish but I don't know yet if it will be cold - tuna and macaroni salad with sliced black olives, sweet red pepper, capers, etc or hot - pasta with salmon, sliced black olives, sauteed onions and sweet red pepper, etc Similar, yet different.

bear

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ocean view picnic and lots of whine.

About one weekday a week I have been going to a park that is about 200 feet above the beach. It overlooks the bay, harbor and out to the islands. Pine's Park has several different stands of pine varieties and of course the ground and tree squirrels they attract.

I stop by Sprout's Market to pick up a chicken salad on fresh multi-grain with lettuce, tomato and of course red onions. I also get the smallest container of coleslaw and one.... just one oatmeal raisin cookie. There is a bench in honor of a lady who would have turned 100 this year. Her nick name is Kitty, so I prefer to have lunch at Kitty's. Sandwich was good, yet two squirrels convinced me they should have some of the crust. One came back for more. Cute. Then I found out his partner used the diversion and grabbed the last third of my one cookie. You could hear the whine. Lots and lots of whine.

pines park near me - Google Search

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you end up having your salad? I did. My usual, topped with apple, walnuts, cheese and raisins.
No, my mother and I had another argument about me using the washing machine, so I lost my appetite and just ate granola in my room. Aldi raisin nut granola. Didn't have time to slice any fruit for it before I made my escape. 2% cow milk on it.

Sometimes I wonder if I put too many different things on my salad? Maybe this week I will try one like yours.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made pasta again because husband wasn't hungry. Rigatoni with plant butter and plant parmesan. Going to have some of my vanilla Oatly ice cream now.

I think I can say that J passed soy, but I'm afraid to add it back into my diet! I think I'll start small with soybean oil and soy lecithin (and finish my soy milk now that I've done my three day no soy wait). And go from there while telling myself I can always cut again. It'd be nice to be able to have the dairy free Ben and Jerry's again!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For dinner I want to make some type of casserole. I was thinking of making some mac and cheese and adding veggies, cheese, buttered breadcrumbs on top, and baking it.

I need to find a "casseroles for one" type website or cookbook. I like to just throw things together, but it never turns out very well. I guess I could make regular portions and freeze it, but I like variety every day.

Did I tell you guys that I'm making all my own meals now? She screamed at first, but now it's fine. Wish that worked with the washing machine! I've come a long way from not being able to choose my own plate for dinner, to making my own dinner. :cheerleader:

Status
Not open for further replies.