What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I did General Tsao's chicken. So good! But I didn't realize that I'd have to deep-fry the coated chicken. In batches. And then when I was done with the last batch, then I had to turn around and start frying again with the batches. Yeah, the chicken is fried twice. I was not amused as I really don't like deep-frying at all. (The only time I really do it is when I make doughnuts. Well, I did it. And it was the first time I deep-fried anything and didn't make Rick stay in the house.....you know, fire. Scares the heck out of me.) And while I was at it, I made fried brown rice. But it was a lot of work and I wasn't particularly amused. Rick said, "Well, now that you've actually deep-fried something other than doughnuts, shrimp should be next on your list!" Excuse me? He was up in the garden, so he didn't hear me muttering the whole time. But the dish was excellent. That was Saturday night. There was enough left over for Rick to have the rest of it last night. He loved the stuff.

Not sure about tonight. It all depends on how I'm feeling with this headache. I'm thinking of asparagus frittata.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was supposed to get a subscription delivery today but it didn't show up for the second time in a row:bat: I called to complain and was refunded and given a $20 credit on my next order. It seems my orders never made it out of the facility where the meals are prepped. How that happened, I don't know.

Fortunately last night I took out a previous extra meal that I had in the freezer so that was dinner, a sort of Italian chicken with veggies and quinoa.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight I am having Campbells Well Yes vegetarian soup with garden vegetable pasta and some cheez-it crackers.It's good but not as good as Amy's. For desert I'm having a Silk dairy free yogut. For lunch I had the last of my Dave's Killer Bread. I am going to Target tomorrow and I will get some more.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Still not cooking much.

Last night was a microwave Kraft Dinner cup, with peas on the side.
The night before was a Naan Pizza, from the freezer

Not sure about tonight. But I'm thinking of making Black Bean burgers.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Tonight we're having quinoa burgers on an onion roll, not sure about sides yet. DH likes his plain with a piece of swiss cheese but I like to put sweet red pepper hummus, tomato, spinach leaves and swiss cheese on mine. Honeycrisp apples went up in price so we bought Braeburns instead which will be dessert.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
not certain what to have.. maybe another tuna salad.. just plain..or a sandwich..
Dentist said nothing gummy or sticky for 24 hours... It is over 24 hours.. but the area is still a bit sore... the gum is tender, as is the tooth, a bit.. It is going to take a few days to get accustomed to..

I have a salad on order.. I do not think I will eat that.. too much grinding.. even though it is the front bottom tooth..

I could get a fish dinner from down the street.. but money is a bit tight... so.. I think it will be tuna..

Geoffrey did not want the tuna juice I put out for him... strange..

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I am in the midst of making up freezer dinners for my mom and tonight I am making one of my son’s all time favorites, smoked sausage and scalloped potatoes. It’s just packaged Augratin potatoes doctored with smoked ring sausage and cheddar cheese. Easy, delicious and freezes well.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I ended up with a very large white sweet potato... it was dry.. I find them dry.. filled me up, but I am not satisfied.. I want chocolate!! but I do not have any...

Tooth is still a bit sore.. gum, and the tight feeling around the tooth itself, and gum... I am babying it.. brushing very gently.. Dentist office called to see how I was doing.. i told them.. they said to make sure I call if it continues to bother me..

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Tooth is still a bit sore.. gum, and the tight feeling around the tooth itself, and gum... I am babying it.. brushing very gently.. Dentist office called to see how I was doing.. i told them.. they said to make sure I call if it continues to bother me..
I really feel for you having dental work done. I have the worst case of dental phobia so you have my sympathies. :hugs: Since you said you're craving chocolate but your mouth is sore and tender what about hot chocolate at room temperature?

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Summer temperatures today, high of 91 degrees Fahrenheit. So I made tuna and macaroni salad, first of the season. Macaroni, canned tuna, green peas, cut carrots (cook in the same pot as the macaroni, just not as long), sliced black olives, mayonnaise and seasonings.

Status
Not open for further replies.