What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
C catapault A very Happy Birthday to Himself! Cupcakes are always a good choice.

I made pork chops last night with Hasselback potatoes and asparagus. When a pork loin is on sale, I buy a whole one, divide it into thirds or fourths, slice one of the pieces into thicker chops, and keep the remainders whole. Toss everything in the freezer. I got two nice chops out for last night.

Not sure about tonight. We'll do a late lunch today, so probably no dinner.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight I grilled a ham steak,made scrambled eggs and toast and opened a jar of orange marmalade...and yes I actually ate some of the eggs.I whizzed them in the blender with some fat free half and half and cooked them in butter....so fluffy!They didn't remind me of eggs...very good!And the marmalade was divine!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm doing more gardening than cooking, so meals are quick, easy, and mostly out of the freezer.

Last night was beans and rice

Tonight might be an egg salad sandwich on DKB (yes, I bought another loaf). However, the sandwich may be lunch. ;)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Last night, Friday, I made sausages with onions and peppers. And fries in the NFG.

I'm going to try my luck with General Tsao's chicken. Never made it before, but, hey, how hard can it be, right? We'll have whatever it turns out to be over fried brown rice.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
No idea.... seriously, no idea.. I have tons of stuff in freezer.. and salad stuff in refrigerator... but no ambition to make/cook anything..

I think I may have take out... been wanting it for a while... an early supper sounds good...

It feels like such a long day..

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now, between an earlier shower and a good dinner I'm ready for bed but it is too early.. Heavy work in the garden today so I wanted some feel good food. Made macaroni cheese (cheddar and Parmigiano-Reggiano) with some really good smoked ham that's been lurking in the freezer. Made sauce with chicken bouillon rather than milk. Portioned into two individual casseroles, topped with bread crumbs, and baked for about 20 or 30 minutes. Comfort food.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I had an egg burger last night. I made it like a scrambled egg, with a tbsp of water, and cooked it, shaping to fit the bun. I remember M maggiedemi asking for a pic last time I made it, so I took a picture this time.
That looks delicious! 😋 I may borrow your idea if you don't mind. Speaking of M maggiedemi I haven't seen her post in awhile. Fingers crossed everything's ok and she's just been busy. :crossfingers:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That looks delicious! 😋 I may borrow your idea if you don't mind.
It's also good on an English Muffin.

Speaking of M maggiedemi M maggiedemi I haven't seen her post in awhile. Fingers crossed everything's ok and she's just been busy. :crossfingers:
Yes, M maggiedemi , you seem to have gone AWOL again. You know we worry, so please post as soon as you can. 🤗

And, of course, we're also missing Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 in this thread. Hopefully she'll be back home soon, and then back here to TCS as well. 🤗 If anyone missed the thread, she's in the hospital. keep Mamanyt1953 in your thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.