What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You all got me interested in Dave's Killer Bread. I just got back from the store and I splurged on a loaf. I didn't get the seeds and sprouts one, just the 100% whole wheat. I got some sharp and extra sharp Cheddar to go with it. I haven't tried it yet. It was $5.99 so the same price as Canada. Too much for regular purchase but I wanted to see what it taste like.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You all got me interested in Dave's Killer Bread. I just got back from the store and I splurged on a loaf. I didn't get the seeds and sprouts one, just the 100% whole wheat. I got some sharp and extra sharp Cheddar to go with it. I haven't tried it yet. It was $5.99 so the same price as Canada. Too much for regular purchase but I wanted to see what it taste like.
I hope you like it. I paid $4.99 for a loaf on Wednesday at Targert.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I bought a bag of the DKB everything bagels yesterday. Their bread is very good so I'm sure the bagels will be too. The bagels were $5.19 at Publix. I've tried these two breads. They make a rye bread that I would like to try.

1619291595988.png

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
When I got mine at Jewel last week, they were in a display at the end of one aisle.
I stopped at a Jewel on my way home today and remembered that you found it there so checked it out. You were right it was in the bread aisle and not frozen like the one I saw at a different grocery store. The bagels were on sale for $5.99 but the bread cost $6.29. They didn't have the cinnamon raisin bread I originally wanted to try so I didn't buy any but now I'm on a mission to look for it at different stores. The first store I mentioned that had it in the freezer priced it at $4.29, a big difference from Jewel's $6.29.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I stopped at a Jewel on my way home today and remembered that you found it there so checked it out. You were right it was in the bread aisle and not frozen like the one I saw at a different grocery store. The bagels were on sale for $5.99 but the bread cost $6.29. They didn't have the cinnamon raisin bread I originally wanted to try so I didn't buy any but now I'm on a mission to look for it at different stores. The first store I mentioned that had it in the freezer priced it at $4.29, a big difference from Jewel's $6.29.
I got the Cinnamon Raisin DKB at Whole Foods for 5.99~~~ not that I routinely go to Whole Foods, but was near my hairdresser's.. and I was in a hurry..

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I got the Cinnamon Raisin DKB at Whole Foods for 5.99~~~ not that I routinely go to Whole Foods, but was near my hairdresser's.. and I was in a hurry..
Thanks, we have a Whole Foods near the house so I'll put them on the list of stores to check out. :thumbsup: It will be interesting to see where I find what I'm looking for at the best price. This subject has really peeked my curiosity. I'll call it, "the DKB hunt." :lol2:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it was $5.99 when I bought it on sale I believe. I finished it yesterday, so probably won't splurge again unless Jewel gives me a coupon or it goes on sale again. It's definitely too much to regularly buy when I can get cheaper dairy free breads, but I'm glad I tried it!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I forgot to check out the Dave's bread at the supermarket today :doh: Next time....

Dinner was One-Pot Spaghetti with Meat and Mushroom Ragu I used ground sausage meat instead of ground beef and I added two Fresno peppers. M maggiedemi would approve :thumbsup: I'm sure the recipe would turn out just as well with vegetarian "meat" crumbles and vegetarian jarred pasta sauce.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
picked up some chili cheese burgers chilli cheese fries and a chili dog from original tommy's burgers
I guess it was a chili night all around for you. 😁

Speaking of chili we had a tiny bit of chili leftovers with brown rice and I had red seedless grapes for dessert. I couldn't stand having any more pudding, applesauce, cottage cheese or room temperature soup due to my dental surgery. I needed "real" food. I'm trying to be careful not to pull my stitches out but I've had it with the soft/cold foods. 😡

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dave's Bread is good. I had it toasted with butter, with Sharp cheddar and I just had a PB&J with it. I can't justify paying that much for a loaf of bread on a regular basis though.
That's how I feel, but I'm glad I splurged once for the experience, and if I ever find a good sale or snag a coupon, I'll buy it again. But not on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.