What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

KittyJ

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much!She actually has been our neighbor since she was a little girl...she bought the farm from her Mom after Dad passed,and she raised her 2 boys there as well.We always go back and forth when somebody needs help...it's the least we could do
You're welcome! That's very nice that she bought their farm. Aw, you and your husband sound like wonderful neighbors! Y'all will be rewarded for your generosity!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wanted something easy tonight - flaked the leftover maple syrup soy sauce salmon fillet. Sauteed sliced onion and mushrooms, then lid on pot so they'd make juices. Tossed salmon into pot, lid back on to heat it.

Meanwhile boiling a pot of salted water. Thin spaghetti. 3 minutes before spaghetti's done toss in some frozen green peas - there's so much boiling water they don't cool it off.

Drain. Mix everything together and enjoy.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got an update in a post from Jcatbird Jcatbird here: Coffee & Tea Talk

Dinner was quinoa burgers on onion rolls with condiments and tater tots. Honeycrisp apple for dessert.
OK, thanks. That's good news. I don't go to the Coffee & Tea thread much.

You eat Tator Tots? They must be special tator tots from Trader Joes.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Everyone was saying how good it was so I had to try it and it IS really good!
I know !!! I was sure there was no way it could be as good as everyone said, and yet it really is good !!!

Still eating it, in fact. Last night I had a chickpea salad sandwich on, of course, DKB. Will have the same tonight. Then what's left of the loaf is going in the freezer for another day.

Last night a new resident sat behind me. She told the server she did not want the beef and she asked for the sides they had listed, lima beans, corn and a baked potato. All carbs. The manager came over to make sure she was getting enough protein. When I finished I went back and asked her if she was a vegetarian. She said no she ate fish and pork but no beef or chicken. She is allergic to chicken. It's going to be interesting to see if they give her rice, green beans, greens or beans with chicken stock added.
That is going to be interesting, muffy muffy , to see how she makes out. As I imagine they don't serve pork very often. And probably not fish that often either. And if she's allergic to chicken, chicken stock isn't going to work either. Maybe with her there, that will help you get better food choices.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight is the Christmas/Easter/birthday catch up dinner with my son and his gf. We are all two weeks past our second vaccination, so lots of hugs and no masks. The meal is my son’s favorite Canneloni. My marinara that goes in it is on its second day of cooking . There will be ground beef and sausage stuffed inside of manicotti noodles and mozzarella cheese over the top. Fussy to make so its a special occasion meal.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
You eat Tator Tots? They must be special tator tots from Trader Joes.
No, I made them for my husband. I guess I should have explained it better. ;)

Tonight's dinner will be easy, heating up the last of the veggie leftovers and if I make it over to Trader Joe's I will buy their Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups again - they're fantastic! 👍

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
To all the members who recommended Dave's Killer Bread - while shopping today I found DKB but it was in the bakery freezer. Is the bread supposed to be stored frozen or should it be on the shelf with the other fresh breads?

Status
Not open for further replies.