What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aluminum is a terrific conductor of heat. While not instantaneous it is amazing how quickly setting a frozen package on something aluminum speeds up the defrosting. Frozen package defrosts better the more surface in contact with aluminum. I have an aluminum frying pan - if small enough the package goes inside (and in the turned off oven so Domino and Mr Poe cannot get at it!) If larger, I flip the pan upside down and set the packed on the upended bottom.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Aluminum is a terrific conductor of heat. While not instantaneous it is amazing how quickly setting a frozen package on something aluminum speeds up the defrosting. Frozen package defrosts better the more surface in contact with aluminum. I have an aluminum frying pan - if small enough the package goes inside (and in the turned off oven so Domino and Mr Poe cannot get at it!) If larger, I flip the pan upside down and set the packed on the upended bottom.
Interesting. So would aluminum foil work? If so, maybe wrapping the frozen package in foil would really speed up the thawing process.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For 60 gel caps (vegan) it cost $40.00
I get 90 tablets for a little over $10.

it turned into a not very appetizing mush
Sounds like my mushy potatoes last night.

Breakfast: Simple Truth cereal with 1/3 cup whole cow milk. I forget the exact name of it, but it's flakes with toffee granola. I like the granola, but don't like the flakes.

Lunch: Veggie stir fry- bell pepper, onion, celery, garlic, greens, one hard boiled egg, stir fry sauce, el yucateco black habanero hot sauce, spicy fire salt, black pepper, cilantro, Australian Croc extra sharp cheese, black bean tortilla chips. I really like these chips!

Dinner: Knorr pasta sides packet, added a can of mixed veggies, spicy fire salt, black pepper, el yucateco black habanero hot sauce, finished up the black bean tortilla chips.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We ordered Malaysian food. I had some ginger lamb, roti bread with a chicken and potato sauce (that I don't think I've eaten since I was in Malaysia, but I'm positive I've eaten before because it was so familiar), and crab rangoon (which I realized I'm going to have to give up because it has cream cheese in it. :bawling: )

I really need to do better at giving up dairy now that I'm just about done with all that yogurt I bought. I'm starting to worry I'm damaging J's digestive system.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I had leftover bacon yesterday that needed to be used, so Rick and I each had a huge BLT. We used the rest of my homemade bread, too. I tucked a thin slice of baby Swiss in the sandwiches. Good stuff!

Thinking soup and some yeast rolls with a bit of salad for tonight.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thinking soup and some yeast rolls
I bet soup would be good with a roll dunked in it. :yummy:

Breakfast: Finished up the Kind apple cinnamon cereal, added a couple diced turkish figs and 1/3 cup whole cow milk.

Lunch: Leftovers from that Knorr pasta sides packet with the can of mixed veggies added, spicy fire salt, black pepper, el yucateco black habanero hot sauce, Great Value burnin hot chips, Aldi horseradish cheddar kettle chips.

Dinner: Veggie Alfredo pasta bake- spiral pasta, alfredo sauce, roasted cauliflower, green beans, carrots, corn, peas, sage, garlic parsley salt, shredded mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, 1 diced up quinoa crunch veggie burger, spicy fire salt, black pepper, el yucateco black habanero hot sauce, Pringles scorchin' hot bbq chips crushed on top.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, I did NOT make the shepherd's pie I was planning on. I got distracted and forgot to thaw the meat. I'll try again on Sunday. Tonight my favorite standby...hot dogs with cheese and onions! I'm kinda craving them, actually. It's been awhile.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
all dressed chips.
What is that?

Breakfast: Aldi knockoff of Golden Grahams cereal with 1/3 cup whole milk. Too sweet.

Lunch and dinner: Snack plates- spicy chips, spicy dip, habanero sauce, fruit cup, dried dates, dried figs, carrot sticks, celery sticks, hard boiled egg, cheese. OMG this 2 1/2 year aged Gouda is so delicious! All cheese should be aged this long. ❤

Status
Not open for further replies.