What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Breakfast: Aldi knockoff of Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, half a diced McIntosh apple, 1/3 cup whole cow milk. Yuck! Way too sugary!

Lunch: Practiced my veggie stir-fry. The sauce tasted burnt. Maybe I put it in too soon. Olive oil, onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic, stir-fry sauce, el yucateco red habanero hot sauce, spicy fire salt, black pepper, cilantro, romaine lettuce, butter beans. Aldi horseradish kettle chips on the side.

Dinner: Roasted potato, carrot, onion, garlic mix in olive oil, with spicy fire salt, black pepper, ketchup, el yucateco red habanero hot sauce, Aldi horseradish kettle chips, one hard boiled egg. I tried to heat the hard boiled egg up in the microwave and it exploded! :lol:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dinner was briefly delayed as I had to shoo a wren out of the greenhouse / into garage / outside. It was close to dusk / dark and any delay would have meant leaving the bird in there overnight.

Pulled pork sandwiches on toasted roll with sliced red onion as garnish, home fried potatoes, mixed green salad.

I really want not to cook but the pizza place is closed on Mondays.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Onion, celery and carrots are the basis for a lot of cuisines and are sauteed first. Creole cooking changes it up a bit, the Holy Trinity for Creole and Cajun cooking is onion, celery and bell pepper, again it is done at the beginning.
Yep, and occasionally you'll hear a Cajun say, "Yah, an' da pope," meaning add garlic. Almost ever cuisine has some version of the "Holy Trinity." Somewhere, I have a list of the variations. If I can find it. I'll post it.

Tonight. Ugh. I dunno. Was planning on cooking something, real cooking, but Suzanne roped me into installing her curtain tie-back holders. Dunno why. She JUST ordered the new rods. Not as if there was a rush, but they HAD to be done today, in her world. I may just make Swiss cheese toasted bagels. Not overly nutritious, but that's why I take a good multi-vite for women over 50 EVERY MORNING without fail.

Wednesday, however, I shall make a shepherd's pie. I'm looking forward to that.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last night I had the 2nd serving of my black beans and I rice made Sunday night. As usual, not sure about tonight. I have some bagged salad to use up, so maybe something with that. Though I may just have the salad for lunch. :dunno:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, that hash was really good. I put a soft egg on top of our servings. Break the egg and the yolk ran down into the hash. Yum. Tastes better than it looks! With the last of the coleslaw and some applesauce.
CBHashOne.jpg

CBHashTwo.jpg

Not sure about tonight, but am thinking of soup and toasted cheese sandwiches.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[QUOTE="Mamanyt1953, post: 5327463, member: 95067]
I may just make Swiss cheese toasted bagels. Not overly nutritious, but that's why I take a good multi-vite for women over 50 EVERY MORNING without fail.
[/QUOTE]
That sounds delicious. I love Swiss cheese. I've been taking multivitamins almost all of my life. Just in case because I know I don't eat right. My brother ordered some plant based vitamins for women from Amazon for me. They were very expensive but I'm sure they are much better than the ones I get here.

Last night I had two baked sweet potatos, a dinner roll, cabbage and a piece of apple pie. I didn't eat the extra potato or the dinner roll. They could of given me another vegetable instead.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that hash was really good. I put a soft egg on top of our servings.
That looks so yummy. I would be putting ketchup on top.

My brother ordered some plant based vitamins for women from Amazon for me. They were very expensive
I use Deva multivitamin, it's only a little over 10 greenbacks.

Breakfast: 3/4 cup Aldi knockoff of Golden Grahams cereal, half a diced McIntosh apple, 1/3 cup whole cow milk. It was okay, not quite as sickly sweet as the Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Lunch: Practiced my veggie stir-fry, it was a bit better- onions, bell peppers, celery, garlic, greens, one hard boiled egg, stir-fry sauce, spicy fire salt, black pepper, cilantro, el yucateco red habanero sauce, Great Value burnin' hot chips, Australian Croc extra sharp cheese.

Dinner: Leftover roasted potato, carrot, onion, garlic mix, one hard boiled egg, spicy fire salt, black pepper, el yucateco black habanero sauce, ketchup, 2 Turkish figs. It tasted mushy in the microwave. Next time I will warm it up in the toaster oven.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That looks so yummy. I would be putting ketchup on top.
I use Deva multivitamin, it's only a little over 10 greenbacks..
My brother got "mykind" organic mutivitams. For 60 gel caps (vegan) it cost $40.00. My brother is a health nut and he does a lot of research before he buys anything. Unlike me, him and his wife eat only healthy food, no junk food.

Tonight I had a small baked potato, broccoli, pickel and an oatmeal cookie. For lunch I had kale, mashed potatoes and peach pie.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I haven't really decided yet...however, I do feel a bit honey-mustard-ish, so chicken nuggets with a side of something green sounds about right. I could change my mind before 2 AM, though. That's when I eat my supper.

LOL, my friend, Suzanne, can't seem to grasp my sleep schedule (although I've been on it for years now), and keeps asking, "WHY do you eat so late?" I tell her, "Suzanne, I go to bed at 7 AM. If I ate any earlier, IT WOULD BE BREAKFAST!"

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
As usual, no idea about tonight, but hopefully it's better than last night. I had put a serving of my penne and broccoli in the freezer, and at the last minute decided to have it. So it ended up being in the microwave much longer than when I let it mostly thaw first, and it turned into a not very appetizing mush. Guess I should have had that salad. :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.