What's For Dinner? - 2020

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
Today was a day,and neither one of us gave a hoot about dinner,so I fixed hot dogs with onions and relish and smoked cheddar,he had some baked beans and that was it!Spent my afternoon chopping onions and peppers and grating cucumbers for a double batch of relish.

Winchester

TCS Member
Veteran
Reaction score
Feeling better today, thanks neely neely .

I did Cook's Country's recipe for oven-fried chicken in a cast iron pan. This makes chicken worthy enough to show my son. And it tastes good. I add my own seasonings because I think the original recipe is too bland. It's good stuff with my additions.

My son and I have this "thing" about fried chicken. He makes wonderful fried chicken; I do not. And he won't share his recipe, because he thinks it's outstanding that he can make something better than me. I don't care that he can make chicken that's better than mine; I just want the recipe so I can make it, too. He texted me with a picture the other week and it's been bugging me ever since.

I texted him with a picture of my fried chicken last night. He came back with, "Yeah, but how does it taste?" And I hung my head, the little snot. Mine is nothing like his. Nothing! Dang.

Anyway the chicken was good and we enjoyed it. There are leftovers for tonight with a salad. A bit of leftover potato salad, too. That works.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
Last week I bought 2 large pork loin roasts that together were about $19 and change.Today I worked them up,sliced into chops,and packaged for the freezer...15 meals for just under $20...not bad at all!So,we had grilled pork chops,smashed potatoes and sliced cucumber.Yum!....and I have 12 pints of beautiful relish to wipe off the jars and put away.YAY!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Reaction score
Last week I bought 2 large pork loin roasts that together were about $19 and change.Today I worked them up,sliced into chops,and packaged for the freezer...15 meals for just under $20...not bad at all!So,we had grilled pork chops,smashed potatoes and sliced cucumber.Yum!....and I have 12 pints of beautiful relish to wipe off the jars and put away.YAY!
That is the way to save a lot of money, Lizzie!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
That is the way to save a lot of money, Lizzie!
I have been buying pork loin roasts for years and years.Usually,several times a year,the local grocery store would run the whole loin for $1.29 to $1.49 a pound and I would always buy 2 or 3,cut them up and in the freezer.Since the start of this virus,they have had very few sales in general,so when I saw these...and they were at WalMart,I thought oh yes!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Reaction score
I wasn't that hungry last night, (as usual), so I had a weird combination of things - strawberry/banana yogurt with granola, then a hard boiled egg, and red grapes, clementine and honey crisp apple for dessert.

Not sure about tonight yet. :think: