What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had some thin sliced beef which I flattened even more with the side of a cleaver. Made a stuffing of fresh bread crumbs, sauteed small diced onion and mushrooms. Rolled meat around stuffing, tied, browned, and simmered in home canned tomato puree for about an hour at 325 degrees F in a toaster over, tightly covered. These were individual servings, not flank steak size.

Served with pasta, using the tomato sauce embellished with more sauteed onion and mushrooms, more coarsely cut than in stuffing.

Meat tender enough but the recipe needs some tweaking I think. Himself thought it was fine.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Going to stop by the vegan restaurant in Itaewon for their tofu caesar wrap I think. Or should I try their rainbow wrap with smokey tempeh, pickled veg, sprouts, and sriracha aioli?? Now that I think about it, I might be a bit adventurous. Need to update the ol' Instagram with something nice and colorful anyway! :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our chicken enchiladas were really good last night. I've only made them a few times and I should make them more often. I made 8, we ate four, so I stuck the remaining four in the freezer for some other time.

Rick is making his "family-famous" cheeseburgers tonight. We'll do them in the Foodi Grill and I think we'll do fries with them. You know, I have a recipe for a faux Wendy's frosty; we could have a Wendy's-type meal without going to Wendy's!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I consider myself a flexitarian / plant-based --not vegan or even vegetarian, although I'll label myself vegetarian if the situation calls for it (set menus/group dining)
I'm vegetarian, as are several others, so it's always interesting to see what plant-based foods people are eating.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm vegetarian, as are several others, so it's always interesting to see what plant-based foods people are eating.
cool! Yeah, it's difficult but not impossible to be vegetarian in Seoul. There are so many more options now than when I arrived 5 years ago. It's expensive though! I see all these amazing recipes on pinterest and instagram and get sad because some ingredients are just impossible to get here, or cost way more than you want to pay. (Cilantro, avocado, and cherry radishes being some of the things that cost an arm and a leg...) However, tofu and sweet potatoes are plentiful and you can get quinoa, oats, chia, and chickpeas delivered from local sources or from iHerb, which only takes about a week to arrive!

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rainbow wrap with smokey tempeh, pickled veg, sprouts, and sriracha aioli
That sounds so good!

Just because visually it looks too much like the potato.
It looks fine!

For lunch I had the same veggie sandwich as yesterday, minus the cilantro.
For dinner I had the same tossed salad as yesterday, but this time I put sliced vegetarian chicken nuggets on top. It was so good!
I need to get more Thousand Islands Dressing though, I'm out of it. :bawling:

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That sounds so good!
BFRS6654[1].JPG

it was! Although I'm a bit hit or miss with tempeh. I think I would have preferred tofu.

Tonight...hmm. There's a new to-go salad place in my neighborhood, so if I can get there before they close, I might have that. Otherwise, there's also a Subway next door so might just grab a veggie sandwich + avo w/ sweet onion dressing on flat bread. (I'm glad it's Subway next to me and not McDonald's to be honest. At least my lazy meals are *somewhat* healthy haha)

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jasmine rice with savoy cabbage, chicken, and bacon.

Start rice cooking. In another pan brown 3 slices of bacon cut into pieces. Remove and set aside. Add sliced cabbage to bacon fat and wilt, stirring frequently. Add a little water, replace lid, simmer. Cube leftover chicken thigh meat and add, along with chicken juices from original perparation. Stir, return lid, cook until chicken warmed through.

Dish up - rice, savoy cabbage and chicken, top with crispy bacon. Very nice, I must say.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her fist name is Ellen and she lives in Baltimore. We could call the hospitals but they wouldn't let us speak
with her unless we had her last name because of HIPAA. I am worried as well.
Hey, I am alright. I was admitted in the hospital on Feb. 6 and just got out of rehab today, my 70th birthday. I had a partially blocked colon where it meets my stomach due from scar tissue from ulcers I had over the years. They had to remove part of my stomach. It is all healed but I still need to get my knees replaced very soon because I can barely walk.
Thanks for missing me. I didn't think anyone would.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, I am alright. I was admitted in the hospital on Feb. 6 and just got out of rehab today, my 70th birthday. I had a partially blocked colon where it meets my stomach due from scar tissue from ulcers I had over the years. They had to remove part of my stomach. It is all healed but I still need to get my knees replaced very soon because I can barely walk.
Thanks for missing me. I didn't think anyone would.
Are you kidding me??? We were sooooo worried, hoping your sister would contact us through the site!!
So glad everything went ok with the surgery.You rest and get better. How is Tommy? :redheartpump::hearthrob::hearthrob::hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.