What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

wily1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Turkey Wrap with cheese and bacon...a snack sized bag of Hawkins Cheezies....a can of V8 Juice (low sodium) a diet coke and a milkshake made with frozen yogurt and blueberries for dessert.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is no honey comb in the jar
Awww man, there should be a chunk of honeycomb in it if they are calling it comb honey! :(

I agree. I have yet to find a good bottled alfredo sauce.
Maybe the bottled sauce would thicken up if I bake it?

Plant Based Burger at Wendys.
Is this coming to the USA?

For dinner I had the rest of that veggie alfredo with shredded cheese & hot sauce added.
I think I'm giving up coffee. I had like 10 cappuccinos today and I felt really sick all day. It's like I can't have just one, so I better give them up.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was a busy day with appointments in town and grocery shopping,so lunch (or dinner) was very late...I had a repeat from last night and he wanted a baloney and cheese sandwich and cheese curls.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww man, there should be a chunk of honeycomb in it if they are calling it comb honey! :(

Maybe the bottled sauce would thicken up if I bake it?

Is this coming to the USA?

For dinner I had the rest of that veggie alfredo with shredded cheese & hot sauce added.
I think I'm giving up coffee. I had like 10 cappuccinos today and I felt really sick all day. It's like I can't have just one, so I better give them up.
I'm sorry you don't feel well. If it's the instant cappucinos, it's probably not the coffee since there's not much in it. It's a lot of sugar, non dairy creamer and oil. If you still want to drink coffee, just make some and then add the extras yourself since you can control the amounts. I drink many cups of coffee a day, I just add half & half to mine. I hope you feel better. :hugs:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Oh wow. I tried doing the baby back ribs in the Foodi Grill last night and they were awesome! When I told Rick I wanted to try them in the Grill, he had his doubts; baby backs should be done low and slow. I get that, I do. But I wanted to try. Sliced the ribs into 3-rib pieces, seasoned the ribs with Love Rub for pork (found that when we went to a demonstration for the Big Green Egg several months ago). Stuck the probe thermometer and set it for 170F. And then set the Grill. 25 minutes later, we were eating ribs. Rick was pleasantly surprised; he thought the ribs would be tough, but they were nice and moist with a good flavor. No, they weren't "fall off the bone" ribs, but they were definitely done. And they were yummy. I made a bit of bbq sauce and he dipped his ribs into that; I liked the dry rub. We had a bit of cole slaw, so I was able to satisfy my craving for cole slaw, too. With strawberry shortcake (er, strawberry doughnuts) with vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Rick has to bowl tonight. I'm thinking hotdogs with some home made French fries.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Couple pics of today's meals.

Lunch: romaine salad with tangelo segments and walnuts, along with a slice of garlic toast.
IMG_0576.jpg

Dinner: Kraft Dinner and Peas. Royal Gala apple for dessert.
IMG_0579.jpg

The Kraft Dinner was just one of the microwaveable cups, and I took a chance and added 1/2 cup off frozen peas to the container before microwaving it. Wasn't sure if it would work or not, but it did. :)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My sister sent me a gift card to Trader Joe's so tonight's dinner is compliments of her thoughtfulness. :clap2: TJ stuffed pasta shells with spinach and ricotta. I also bought a TJ super dark chocolate w/almonds bar.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tangelo segments and walnuts
That looks yummy. It needs Thousand Islands Dressing though. :thumbsup:

cinnamon/sugar toast
I eat this sometimes. :)

TJ stuffed pasta shells with spinach and ricotta
Yum! That sounds fabulous. :yummy:

For lunch I had a can of kidney beans with hot sauce.
For dinner I had a meatball sub made with Falafel veggie balls. I'm wondering if these need to be fried, because they are so mushy. I even tried baking them in the toaster oven. I put marinara sauce, hot sauce, shredded cheese on them.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
For dinner I had a meatball sub made with Falafel veggie balls. I'm wondering if these need to be fried, because they are so mushy.
Falafel should be crisp on the outside and soft but not mushy on the inside, it should have a binder or mixture for this reason. Where do you get the veggie balls from or are you making them yourself?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I love Chicken salad!!
Chick-pea salad sandwiches are good too. :)
Chickpea Salad — Oh She Glows

That looks yummy. It needs Thousand Islands Dressing though. :thumbsup:
Not sure I'd like Thousand Islands Dressing, as I'm not a big fan of creamy dressing. I prefer more "watery" ones like Catalina or French, Zesty Italian, etc. For yesterday's salad, I actually made a simple dressing with olive oil, vinegar and orange juice.

No idea what's on today's menu yet. :dunno:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I really like the Northwoods seasoning and use it often. Try it on pork chops. Yum.

I'm thinking pizza for our Friday night supper. I just haven't decided if I want to order delivery, have a frozen pizza, or make one. If I make one, I can do a sausage, mushroom and pepper pizza. You know, that sounds good, now that I'm thinking about it. Homemade pizza, it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.