What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really miss the "mom and pops" pizza places I remember growing up.Unfortunately in my little town,we have Pizza Hut,Domino's and Little Ceasar's and that's it for pizza.
We have some "mom and pops" pizza places around here that are good but a lot of times I use Pizza Hut because they deliver. They are not too bad.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hannah made blueberry pancakes and I had them for brekkie and dinner. In between I had tuna salad. She'll make more today.

Tonight I think I'll have Nathan's hot dogs with Stadium mustard and chopped dill pickle. Nicole misplaced my mother's chili sauce recipe but she said she'll hunt it down soon. After reading about the pizzas you've had I have a craving for it!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
pasta casserole
I love pasta & I love casseroles. The 2 together are heaven. :cloud9:

Pasta with steamed vegetables
Pasta is always good. Even better with veggies. :thumbsup:

I use Pizza Hut because they deliver. They are not too bad.
Pizza Hut hasn't been cooking their pizzas long enough lately. Next time I order, I'm gonna put in the special instructions box to cook it well done.

Tonight I think I'll have Nathan's hot dogs with Stadium mustard and chopped dill pickle.
I read an article saying that Great Value Uncured Beef Franks are the best, so I bought some. They're good! $2.26 a package at Walmart. How much do you guys pay for hot dogs?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Last night, we went to Cracker Barrel for dinner. I wanted to visit my GF in hospital and the CB is right in the area. Rick really likes CB.

This morning I put a beef rump roast in the crock pot. Pillsbury sent me an email with 25 slow-cooker recipes, so I'm trying one. It's supposed to make good sandwiches with crusty rolls. I'm going to make a bit of coleslaw to go with. And we'll go for an ice cream cone later on, so that will be our dessert.

We have a local pizza place that delivers. In fact, most of their traffic is delivery. We also have Papa John's (Rick likes them, me not so much), a Pizza Hut, and a Domino's. The local pizza place has awesome pizza; I order from them whenever I can instead of the other places. In fact, when I call down, they say, "Hey, Pam!" :paperbag::paperbag::paperbag: They know me and that's not good.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Asparagus arugula salad. It doesn't look too hard or long to make, basically cooking the pasta, adding in the asparagus towards the end, mixing up the dressing, and toss together.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Turtle cake is healthy because turtles live about 600 years. I said so, so there :p
In that case, I'll bake TWO of them!

Tonight I'm making pizza! Seems to be something in the air. I'm making a grilled chicken breast, broccoli and mushroom pizza...kinda like Chicken Divan on a crust...It was that or artichoke hearts and feta pizza which is delightful, if odd.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll be nibbling on a few things for my dinner. i bought some cottage cheese today :cloud9: , so some cottage cheese with canned tropical fruit cubes. some sharp white cheddar cheese and crackers. and some pretzel nuggets. dessert will be a carob cherry brownie, later in the evening! :D
We got two cartons of cottage cheese in the fridge with my name on them. It's only recently I really decided I liked the stuff.
We're going to be boring tonight and have chicken and steamed vegetables and melted cheese. If time allows we'll be making a big batch of home made crackers. My wife bought a new rolling pin, lets see if it's used for that purpose alone if I do something dumb :angrywoman: :thumbsup:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got two cartons of cottage cheese in the fridge with my name on them. It's only recently I really decided I liked the stuff.
We're going to be boring tonight and have chicken and steamed vegetables and melted cheese. If time allows we'll be making a big batch of home made crackers. My wife bought a new rolling pin, lets see if it's used for that purpose alone if I do something dumb :angrywoman: :thumbsup:
I brought two cartons of cottage cheese today just to have it on hand. A lot of times when I don't feel like cooking I will eat cottage cheese and fruit for a meal. It is quick, healthy and I need the protein.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
read an article saying that Great Value Uncured Beef Franks are the best, so I bought some. They're good! $2.26 a package at Walmart. How much do you guys pay for hot dogs
About $3.00 or less. Hannah gets a 20% discount at Walmart and she uses that to buy what I get from there. Deli meat, cheeses I get from Giant Eagle.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
JamesCalifornia JamesCalifornia I do marinate the chicken and it's marinating now in the fridge. I slice through the chicken skin so the marinade can get down through the skin a bit. I make enough of the marinade to marinate the chicken quarters most of the day. Then I use the rest of the marinade as a mop sauce and mop it on the chicken while it's cooking.

Status
Not open for further replies.