What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had subs and left over chip stand fries. In the subs I used bologna, corned beef, roasted chicken (Mediterranean), roasted turkey (sun-dried tomato and basil) and swiss cheese. My sub had mayonnaise, cucumbers, lettuce and green olives as well, and my husband's had miracle whip, honey mustard, and cucumbers.
And believe it or not, french fries are still pretty good if you re-heat them in the oven. I dipped mine in mayo (I didn't have any gravy left:() and my husband dipped his in a mayo/ketchup mixture.
And to drink, we had Mountain Dew.

Now that's a healthy meal full of nitrates, salt and sugar!!!!:yummy:
Did I mention that there were cucumbers and lettuce too?:blush:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 . Great picture! I'm so glad you like the recipe....it's a keeper around here.

Last night, I took a page from Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 and we had hot dogs. With lots of onions and peppers and my zucchini relish. Both ketchup and mustard. Salads to go with. I said to Dear Richard that we shouldn't have hot dogs because we had just had a hot sausage sandwich for lunch. But he said he didn't care if I didn't. And I was feeling lazy. It worked.

Tonight is meatloaf. A twice-baked sweet potato and a twice-baked white potato. I like to scrape the potatoes, mash them separately, then put half of the mixture in each shell. Looks kinda pretty that way. I'm thinking green beans to go with.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , Mia6 Mia6 -- that Mac & cheese with tomatoes looks simply heavenly! :cloud9: i may just bring my range oven out of 'on hiatus', to bake a pan of that -- especially if it stays relatively cool and rainy here.

tonight i'll heat up a serving of jalapeno sausage and scalloped potatoes, and a slice of Russian Pound Cake for dessert -- later in the evening! :yummy:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , Mia6 Mia6 -- that Mac & cheese with tomatoes looks simply heavenly! :cloud9: i may just bring my range oven out of 'on hiatus', to bake a pan of that -- especially if it stays relatively cool and rainy here.

tonight i'll heat up a serving of jalapeno sausage and scalloped potatoes, and a slice of Russian Pound Cake for dessert -- later in the evening! :yummy:
Oh, you must!! It is divine, even better the next day. Your sausage and scalloped potatoes sounds so good.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Are the ingredients just honey & mustard? Do you add anything else?
Nope, nothing extra, just the honey and the mustard. I'm a bit of a purest about it.

Pinned that! I occasionally get falafel-y.

And I was feeling lazy. It worked.
Dang...you've glommed on to my secret...I can go from "I'm hungry" to "I'm fed" in 5 minutes flat. No fuss, no muss, no bother...except when I have to dice another onion. OH TEH PAYNES!

Hot dogs tonight, here. The onion, thankfully, is already diced.

I'm thinking about making a loaf of turtle bread...no, NOT the amphibian, the candy. Start out with a basic Nutty Pudding Cake recipe, with pecans, and add chocolate chips and caramel bites. Caramel glaze, maybe? It could be a turtle cake, if I use the bundt pan instead of loaf pans, which would actually hold the glaze better...

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking Nathan's hot dogs tonight with Stadium mustard and dill pickles.
and a side of Mac&Cheese. Hannah is making banana bread so I'll have that for snacks.

Farmer's Market starts tomorrow and runs through the end of September. The venue is only 3 blocks from my house. I ran out of strawberries, oink, oink. I hope they have some and raspberries. They may have arugula since that comes out about now.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We ordered pizza from Pizza Hut. I had Pineapple & Mushroom on my half, my Dad had Supreme. Pizza Hut used to be our favorite, but now we kinda like the family owned pizzeria's better. Not sure why.

Last edited:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We ordered pizza from Pizza Hut. I had Pineapple & Mushroom on my half, my Dad had Supreme. Pizza Hut used to be our favorite, but now we kinda like the family owned pizzeria's better. Not sure why.
Pizza Hut was always my favorite. I like their thin crust with extra cheese, onion and black olives. I am making myself hungry. There used to be a Pizza Hut about a mile down the road from my house but they closed it last month, I don't know why. Another one is about 5 miles down the road. I hope I can still have it delivered.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Last night, I took a page from Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 and we had hot dogs. With lots of onions and peppers and my zucchini relish. Both ketchup and mustard. Salads to go with. I said to Dear Richard that we shouldn't have hot dogs because we had just had a hot sausage sandwich for lunch. But he said he didn't care if I didn't. And I was feeling lazy. It worked.

Tonight is meatloaf. A twice-baked sweet potato and a twice-baked white potato. I like to scrape the potatoes, mash them separately, then put half of the mixture in each shell. Looks kinda pretty that way. I'm thinking green beans to go with.
YUM!!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pizza Hut was always my favorite. I like their thin crust with extra cheese, onion and black olives. I am making myself hungry. There used to be a Pizza Hut about a mile down the road from my house but they closed it last month, I don't know why. Another one is about 5 miles down the road. I hope I can still have it delivered.
Our Pizza hut used to be a sit down place, big salad and pizza buffet, lots of room, and they abruptly shut it down and moved into a tiny strip mall and an even tinier dining area. You couldn't fit two fleas and a fly in their dining area so it's mostly delivery or take out.

Status
Not open for further replies.