What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a large soft pretzel I got at WalMart. I had it with honey mustard dressing.

Maggiedemi:
I like Kraft products, too. Especially their salad dressing but I am going to start making my own using vinegar and olive oil. I need to start eating better.
I also like vanilla ice cream. It does not have to be exciting but it has to be good ice cream.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I like Kraft too. I buy a lot of their products, no shame in that. :thumbsup:
I feel better about my Kraft addiction now. I might even take the paper bag off my head. :biggrin:

As for me, I had gluten-free penne for dinner that tasted like poisoned cardboard.:headshake:
Yum. :(

So thankful for leftovers - tonight I had penne pasta with red/green peppers in pomodoro sauce plus a small spring mix salad.
Sounds better than the poisoned cardboard M maggiedemi had.

I like Kraft products, too. Especially their salad dressing but I am going to start making my own using vinegar and olive oil. I need to start eating better.
I've tried making my own salad dressings a couple times. One I liked was a mix of orange juice with olive oil and vinegar, which I poured over a salad that I had topped with pieces of orange segments.

I also like vanilla ice cream. It does not have to be exciting but it has to be good ice cream.
It may not be exciting, but I've read that vanilla is the most popular flavour of ice cream.

I really like red wine vinegar mixed with olive oil.
That sounds good too.

Last night I had "breakfast for dinner" - scrambled eggs and toast. No idea about tonight yet. :headscratch:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a large soft pretzel I got at WalMart. I had it with honey mustard dressing.

<snip>

yummmmm......large soft pretzel...:yummy: vanilla ice cream is my favorite, and i agree that it has to be good ice cream.

tonight i'll have either sloppy joes or no beans chili (i've got two containers that i thawed in the fridge, they're either sloppy joes or no beans chili -- i haven't bothered to look at their labels), over a baked potato. a slice of It Won't Last Cake for dessert -- later in the evening! :D

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
What flavor did you get? I'm really picky about my ice cream, it has to be exciting.:)
Strawberry. It's best this time of year because Haagen-Dazs is made in California, right near where some wonderful strawberries are grown. I also had 2 pounds of strawberries on the list, granny smith apples, and bananas. Tomorrow I'm going to have Hannah get a box of chocolate pudding and Red-Whip so I can have it on top of the pudding and jello.

Tonight I'm going to have the chicken tenders and jojos that the nice driver from the ride service got for me. He was going to eat while I was at my appt and asked me if I wanted anything. The meal also came with a blueberry biscuit. The hot sauce about burned my mouth but in a good way.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It may not be exciting, but I've read that vanilla is the most popular flavour of ice cream.
I prefer complicated ice creams with all different textures and bits of stuff. :yummy:

breakfast for dinner" - scrambled eggs and toast.
I don't like actual breakfast, but I love breakfast foods for dinner or lunch. :thumbsup:

chicken tenders and jojos
What are jojos? :)

The hot sauce about burned my mouth but in a good way.
I love that burning feeling from spicy foods. :D

I had mac & cheese (with hot sauce on it) and baked beans for dinner.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely Oh yes, great food!
What are jojos? :)
Yes, what miagi's_mommy miagi's_mommy said and sometimes broasted. They were great.

I'm in the mood for oatmeal for breakfast and I have fresh strawberries. I think I'll just have sandwiches tonight. I have some Dietz&Watson southern fried chicken breast from the deli and it so good. I have 18 snack size bags of fritos, chips, etc so I'll have one of those and a salad with romaine and strawberries, topped with some grated sharp cheddar.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've noticed something over the years. If I'm getting a little hungry but decide to finish a job that includes a lot of manual labor (or thinking power, which as you all know I'm routinely running low on), by the time the job is done, I'm not hungry anymore.
Right now it's coming up on dinner prep time and I got a lot of things done, but I'm not hungry yet. So I'll prep what I need to, get on with it, and see what happens.
Coming to a theater near you is me, eating my words (literally) along with anything else I can get my paws on, which may or may not include canned meat, raw vegetables, cold soup, or a bag or 10 of potato chips.
To be continued................... :lol:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The IGA had some nice boneless pork from spare ribs when I was there today. So for dinner I cut each strip into 3 pieces (made cubes, basically) and tossed with soy sauce, sesame oil and a little white sugar while I cooked basmati rice. I peeled and sliced one small carrot and snapped about 20 skinny asparagus spears into thirds.

Brought wok grate out of cupboard and swapped in for the regular burner grate. Heated a little oil, quick seared carrot and asparagus pieces. Set aside. Scooped pork cubes out of marinade and seared. Added a little water to marinade, added liquid to pork in wok, quickly covered wok and let pork braise while I microwaved a bag of frozen peeled edamame.

When edamame was done but needed to sit for a minute I returned carrot and asparagus to wok and covered again for a minute. Added edamame. Tossed everything together. Most of the braising liquid had cooked off. Plated up over rice.

Pork very tender and nice. Largest carrot pieces needed slightly longer cooking time. Asparagus O.K. Edamame O.K.

Breyers mint chocolate chip ice cream for dessert.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Macaroni and cheese with tomatoes. According to Cook's Country, this is a dish that could be found in the automats back around the beginning of the 20th century. People would buy dishes of this for their lunch. I made it a while back one night when Rick's mom came for dinner and she remembered it from years ago. It's pretty good, made with half-and-half (I use skim evaporated milk) and chicken stock. It makes a full pan, so there's always leftovers. And it makes a nice change from regular mac and cheese.

I'm going to throw a couple romaine hearts on the indoor grill to char for Caesar salad (without the anchovies). Dessert is just a scoop -- or three -- of French vanilla ice cream.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Macaroni and cheese with tomatoes
My mother made this for me as a comfort food. I haven't had in forever.
Sounds so good.

I had a chicken, bacon, mayo (Hellman's) and pepper jack cheese sandwich for lunch. Will have another for dinner with a small salad. Peanut butter fluff for a snack with maybe Cheese Puffs.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm safe...cheap, Great Value brand from Walmart. Fairly tasty, although the breading is nothing to write home about. I do have honey-mustard dressing/dipping sauce, so there's that...

I love that burning feeling from spicy foods. :D
OH GOD YES! Thai food, I adore Thai food, and I'm happiest when there are tears running down my face from the spice!

Tonight...um...dunno. I froze almost everything. How about...peanut butter and black raspberry preserve sandwiches? That sounds kinda nice...

Status
Not open for further replies.