What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Taco Bell has this new feature where you can make anything meatless with refried beans. So I did that with their new Spicy Loaded Nacho Taco. It was really good & satisfying! Refried beans kinda have a meaty taste!

On a side note-- did anybody notice that Hellmann's Mayo is really thin lately, like they are watering it down? What's another good brand of mayo?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Taco Bell has this new feature where you can make anything meatless with refried beans. So I did that with their new Spicy Loaded Nacho Taco. It was really good & satisfying! Refried beans kinda have a meaty taste!

On a side note-- did anybody notice that Hellmann's Mayo is really thin lately, like they are watering it down? What's another good brand of mayo?
You can customize anything on Taco Bell's menu any way you want.

Blue Plate and Duke's are good if you can find them. I'm personally not fan of Kraft.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What's in it?
This is the link to the recipe I use. The sausage is actually optional, but I prefer it with.

Chicken Bog Recipe

I still like Kraft Miracle Whip. :paperbag:
:fear: Tell me it ain't so, Louise! That's ok, I love you anyway.

I froze two servings of the bog, after having it again last night, and tonight I'm back to hot dogs with cheese and onions. Unless I take a chop out to thaw...nah. Hot dogs. HOWEVER...I think that Sunday I'll make up a batch of dressing, and bake pork chops on top of it so that the flavor runs into the dressing (stuffing, for you Yanks...dressing, in the South, is stuffing NOT cooked inside the bird or other meat. We're big on dressing because of our climate).

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Since you called me "Louise", I guess putting that paper bag over my head, kept my identity a secret. :lol: And, yes, for some reason I like Miracle Whip. :dunno:
I do admit to having friends who love the stuff. I don't get it. I will never get it. But so long as they don't try to feed it to me, I'm fine!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Pesto chicken, and some pre-stabbed potatoes thanks to an earlier run in with a spider and a pocket knife.
What? You tried to assassinate a spider with a pocket knife? You deprived your cats of a rollicking good game of Stalk (and Eat) the Spider?

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What? You tried to assassinate a spider with a pocket knife? You deprived your cats of a rollicking good game of Stalk (and Eat) the Spider?
The damn thing ran and hid, and the cats aren't usually allowed in the pantry. I might clean out some items that could be a hazard and let the explore a food wonderland.
If I put those taters in the oven and they come out with 8 stems a piece, I'm heading for the hills and I'd suggest you all join me :eek:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If I put those taters in the oven and they come out with 8 stems a piece, I'm heading for the hills and I'd suggest you all join me :eek:
That reminds me of the time I bought a small single serving size sponge cake at a bakery. The first few bites of the cake were ok. Then I noticed a thin black thing. I pulled the cake apart and found a whole spider baked right into the cake:shocked::barf:The cake was saved and brought back to the bakery with a complaint. The bakery claimed the cake wasn't from them blah blah blah and eventually grudgingly gave a refund. I have not gone back to that bakery since.

I had leftover pasta tonight.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That reminds me of the time I bought a small single serving size sponge cake at a bakery. The first few bites of the cake were ok. Then I noticed a thin black thing. I pulled the cake apart and found a whole spider baked right into the cake:shocked::barf:The cake was saved and brought back to the bakery with a complaint. The bakery claimed the cake wasn't from them blah blah blah and eventually grudgingly gave a refund. I have not gone back to that bakery since.

I had leftover pasta tonight.
Just thought you all would like to know that puke is easily removed between keys on your keyboard with a Q-tip :flail:
Lordy Lordy that's nasty.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I probably should have filed a complaint with the public health department or whatever city department oversees inspections and whatnot of restaurants and other places, too.

Then there was the hair filled soft serve ice cream I got at McDonald's once :barf: The employee insisted that it was my hair but 1. I don't have light brown-ish red hair and 2. how would my hair get mixed throughout the ice cream just seconds after I was handed the ice cream by the employee?:bat: A manager apologized and gave me a refund.

More leftover pasta for dinner tonight. I might put some sweet potato tots into the oven:think:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Supper isn't sounding so good right now...HOWEVER, since I have a cast-iron stomach (I once ate strawberry shortcake while observing an autopsy), I'll get over it.

It's a stormy afternoon and evening here, so I think I'll just heat up a can of chicken and rice soup, and have it with crackers. That sounds cozy to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.