What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
"I baked the stupid fries" :flail: Are you sure we're not related because that's how I've phrased that before in the past :biggrin:
Ya know, the more we talk, the more I'm convinced that we MUST be! Do you have a passle of relatives that are crazy as outhouse mice?

I got very ambitious today and made chicken salad with cranberries and pecans...I saw some in Walmart, but it had celery, which I don't care for, and thought..."HEY, I can DO that." And I did. So, chicken salad sammies tonight!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ya know, the more we talk, the more I'm convinced that we MUST be! Do you have a passle of relatives that are crazy as outhouse mice?

I got very ambitious today and made chicken salad with cranberries and pecans...I saw some in Walmart, but it had celery, which I don't care for, and thought..."HEY, I can DO that." And I did. So, chicken salad sammies tonight!
I think you know the answer to that relative question, but we'll just say they're quite a colorful bunch ;)
I should bring out the old turkey salad recipe. It's good stuff.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I should bring out the old turkey salad recipe. It's good stuff.
I was JUST thinking, as I opened this thread, that I bet the cranberries would go well in a turkey salad!

For tonight...EITHER hot dogs with cheese and onions OR bacon sandwiches. OR chicken and rice soup. Or egg salad. Or tuna salad. OH HECK, I dunno!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was JUST thinking, as I opened this thread, that I bet the cranberries would go well in a turkey salad!

For tonight...EITHER hot dogs with cheese and onions OR bacon sandwiches. OR chicken and rice soup. Or egg salad. Or tuna salad. OH HECK, I dunno!
Do what I'd do, eat it all then report back with a review on which one you liked the best :flail:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's more expensive, but you should treat yourself sometimes and buy the already-cut-up-fruit containers at the grocery stores.
I have been buying the already cut up fruit containers of cantaloupe and watermelon but I end up throwing it out because it gets rotten. Yesterday I threw away $7.00 of fruit.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If any of the stores you shop at has a section with single serving meals, they might have smaller containers of cut up fruit. Still expensive, but less to go to waste.

It's hard, though, not to waste food when you buy something only one person is going to eat, and the stores only sell "family" size servings.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If any of the stores you shop at has a section with single serving meals, they might have smaller containers of cut up fruit. Still expensive, but less to go to waste.

It's hard, though, not to waste food when you buy something only one person is going to eat, and the stores only sell "family" size servings.
My WalMart sells smaller containers of cut up fruit that I buy when I can get there. I don't drive anymore and it is hard for me to get to certain stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.