Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I guess next Tuesday is a good day to have my 3 leftover pancakes. :yummy:

Wonder why the date is different in the US. I guess maybe to keep it separate from Lent. Works out well for you that it's on your DD's birthday. :celebrate:
Yes. I laugh about it because when she was small, she threw a tantrum about who knows what and was stomping her feet. I asked her if she was dancing. She pouted and said YES. I asked what she called it. She said, "PANCAKE!" It was so cute. :lol:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes. I laugh about it because when she was small, she threw a tantrum about who knows what and was stomping her feet. I asked her if she was dancing. She pouted and said YES. I asked what she called it. She said, "PANCAKE!" It was so cute. :lol:
That is cute. :lol: And even more perfect that her birthday falls on Pancake Day. :hearthrob:

For dinner tonight, I threw some chopped up some veggies (mushrooms, green pepper, onion) in the crockpot with some stewed tomatoes, so have a pasta sauce slow cooking. Now trying to decide if I want to be brave and throw the pasta in at the end of cooking, or cook it separately. :think:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Now trying to decide if I want to be brave and throw the pasta in at the end of cooking, or cook it separately. :think:
Yes, I'm quoting myself. :lol: But in case anyone was wondering, I risked ruining the entire crockpot of pasta sauce by adding 2 cups of uncooked macaroni once the veggies were cooked. Kept checking, and after about 30 minutes, the macaroni was done, and dinner was ready. As usual, lots of leftovers for the freezer.

IMG_8165.jpg

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is cute. :lol: And even more perfect that her birthday falls on Pancake Day. :hearthrob:

For dinner tonight, I threw some chopped up some veggies (mushrooms, green pepper, onion) in the crockpot with some stewed tomatoes, so have a pasta sauce slow cooking. Now trying to decide if I want to be brave and throw the pasta in at the end of cooking, or cook it separately. :think:
She's going to be 24 on Tuesday and I still remind her about the pancake dance! :p

Tonight was a tuna sandwich on toast with some chicken noodle soup on the side

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick was "starving" for a fish sandwich, so last night we had fish sandwiches and a salad. I made a bit of tartar sauce for the sandwiches and he was on :cloud9:. We don't have things like that very often, so he really enjoyed his dinner.

Not sure about tonight. He's having crown put on a tooth this afternoon, so I'm not sure what he'll feel like eating. I took a container of vegetarian vegetable soup out of the freezer, just in case that's all he wants.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I risked ruining the entire crockpot of pasta sauce by adding 2 cups of uncooked macaroni once the veggies were cooked. Kept checking, and after about 30 minutes, the macaroni was done, and dinner was ready.
That's not a bad idea...the flavors of the veggies get cooked all through the pasta. One of my favorite meals in hot weather is boiling spaghettin in tomato juice, draining, and sprinkling with Parmesan cheese. Light and easy on hot days.

Tonight...GUESS! I betcha can!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
lizzie lizzie Yum!

I found some ham in the freezer. It was labelled for Dec 2018, so I figured it would still be good. Took it out and it's thawing in the fridge. I figure I'll make some kind of ham and pasta with green peas or something with it for tonight. I've never made something like that, so it should be interesting!

What, just make a white sauce, maybe a cheesy white sauce. Mix the ham, cooked pasta, and peas, throw in the white sauce, and throw the thing into the oven. You can tell I'm winging it here. But how hard can it be?

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lizzie lizzie Yum!

I found some ham in the freezer. It was labelled for Dec 2018, so I figured it would still be good. Took it out and it's thawing in the fridge. I figure I'll make some kind of ham and pasta with green peas or something with it for tonight. I've never made something like that, so it should be interesting!

What, just make a white sauce, maybe a cheesy white sauce. Mix the ham, cooked pasta, and peas, throw in the white sauce, and throw the thing into the oven. You can tell I'm winging it here. But how hard can it be?
A friend of mine makes an alfredo sauce,tosses the ham and peas in and uses spinach fettuchini.There's a great Italian place not far from here and they call it straw and hay.It's scrumptious....I'm sure yours will be devine too!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had my errand day, also known as "here's a list of 150 billion things even Superman couldn't do if he somehow merged with Spiderman and the Flash and they got a hold of the car in Back to the Future" :flail::flail:
So I brought home some food from a Mom & Pop place, fried chicken and all the other goods that go with. We ate very early, but I'll be raiding the fridge for a handful of leftovers in 5...4...3...2...:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.