What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I forgot that this thread has an actual topic.
Stir fry, because we had Chinese last night and we can't get enough of that wonderful stuff. :bliss:
Lots of rice, beef, onions, peppers, and green onions will make this a good one!

Cats will have a big mass of ground turkey, organ blends, and egg yolks (they had a very bone heavy breakfast!)
Dogs will have poultry necks, beef heart chunks or chicken chunks, as well as organ blends and egg yolks.
We scored inexpensive pasture raised wings, so guess who is doing more bagging and portioning tomorrow? :doh2:
Do you think if I woke up "sick" tomorrow, anyone would be suspicious? :headscratch:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Surprisingly they did but that's one reason why I ate a small meal before we left.
They had 2 kinds of veggie pizza plus fresh veggies with spinach dip and a variety of cubed cheese. However, I usually don't eat cheese by itself since it's too much dairy for me. The other choices were all chicken or beef related
but I was thrilled there were some veggie friendly options. On the downside, there was no dessert. :headshake:
That's sounds pretty good. I'm glad you had a good time.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We ended up ordering Chinese - DH got Mongolian Beef and I got Tofu with Mixed Vegetables, (broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, onions, cabbage and pea pods). Plus 4 fortune cookies for dessert.
That sounds delicious. I love tofu with mixed vegetables. I see your husband is not vegetarian. Has that ever been a problem for you two? If I am being too nosy you don't have to answer. I was just curious.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That sounds delicious. I love tofu with mixed vegetables. I see your husband is not vegetarian. Has that ever been a problem for you two? If I am being too nosy you don't have to answer. I was just curious.
If you're being nosy, so am I muffy muffy . :D Because I was curious how that works with meals at home, neely neely Or is hubby vegetarian at home, and a "social" carnivore. ;)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
If you're being nosy, so am I muffy muffy . :D Because I was curious how that works with meals at home, neely neely Or is hubby vegetarian at home, and a "social" carnivore. ;)
LOL, you guys are not being nosy at all. I get asked this a lot by friends and family. There was a time when DH was the odd man out since my oldest daughter and I were both vegetarian. I never pressured my husband because I felt it was his choice. If someone decides to follow a vegetarian diet they should do it for themselves because they really want to or else they won't succeed. He has cut down on red meat and only eats it when we go out. We either cook separately or I prepare dishes we can both eat. He actually enjoys some of my meatless dishes. But he knows I won't step foot in a steakhouse. :wink:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, you guys are not being nosy at all. I get asked this a lot by friends and family. There was a time when DH was the odd man out since my oldest daughter and I were both vegetarian. I never pressured my husband because I felt it was his choice. If someone decides to follow a vegetarian diet they should do it for themselves because they really

want to or else they won't succeed. He has cut down on red meat and only eats it when we go out. We either cook separately or I prepare dishes we can both eat. He actually enjoys some of my meatless dishes. But he knows I won't step foot in a steakhouse. :wink:
Thanks for sharing. I always wondered how marry people worked that out. It looks like you guys have a nice marriage.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Questions for the vegetarians - I was reading through the comments of a recipe online. It was a chicken and rice casserole. One of the comments said that a vegetarian family member *loved* the rice and could not stop eating it. The raw chicken is placed directly on the rice mixture in the pan and baked. The rice would absorb the chicken drippings and juice as the dish bakes. So the rice wouldn't be suitable for a vegetarian to eat, right? :headscratch:

I had a frozen dinner tonight. Still feeling exhausted and icky from the looonng work day on Friday:thud: Tomorrow I am making a baked lemon chicken and green beans dish. The recipe calls for asparagus but I'm going to use green beans instead.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight is a small piece of pan-fried chicken breast on garlic-onion rice with marinara. Sides are pan-fried potatoes with onions and bacon, steamed broccoli and a simple lettuce/tomato/cheese salad.

...and, as usual, if I don't "report in" for a few days, it's because I nearly always have several days of the same leftovers to eat.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No. In my opinion chicken drippings are a no no for vegetarians.

That's what I thought :headscratch: Is it possible for some vegetarians to be less strict on the diet than others? I vaguely recall an old co-worker who said she was vegetarian but occasionally ate chicken. Then there was the vegetarian co-worker who ate nothing but junk food with the occasional salad.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's what I thought :headscratch: Is it possible for some vegetarians to be less strict on the diet than others? I vaguely recall an old co-worker who said she was vegetarian but occasionally ate chicken. Then there was the vegetarian co-worker who ate nothing but junk food with the occasional salad.
I eat a lot of junk food but I am still a strict vegetarian. I eat no meat or fish. What does junk food have to do with being a vegetarian?

Yes it is possible for vegetarians to be less strict than
others. In my opinion anyone who eats meat or meat products are not vegetarian. Every month a group of us eat lunch out. One lady says she is vegetarian but every time I ever ate lunch with her she had meat.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
In my opinion anyone who eats meat or meat products are not vegetarian.
:yeah: Exactly!

LTS3 LTS3 Chicken drippings on rice casserole is a big no-no for any vegetarian. :nono:
In fact, if I go to a restaurant that serves burgers and the menu includes a veggie or black bean burger I will not eat it because it's cooked on the same grill as the hamburger meat burgers.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I eat a lot of junk food but I am still a strict vegetarian. I eat no meat or fish. What does junk food have to do with being a vegetarian?

Yes it is possible for vegetarians to be less strict than
others. In my opinion anyone who eats meat or meat products are not vegetarian. Every month a group of us eat lunch out. One lady says she is vegetarian but every time I ever ate lunch with her she had meat.
I think I mentioned this before but we have a friend that claims to be vegetarian except for McDonald's. I don't know how that works.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:yeah: Exactly!

LTS3 LTS3 Chicken drippings on rice casserole is a big no-no for any vegetarian. :nono:

In fact, if I go to a restaurant that serves burgers and the menu includes a veggie or black bean burger I will not eat it because it's cooked on the same grill as the hamburger meat burgers.
I always wondered about that. From now on I will ask. I wonder if they do the same thing with Chinese Food.

Status
Not open for further replies.