What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats forgive you 1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 :alright: How did the pot pie stew turn out?

Yeah, I don't get her comment about calamari not being meat either:headscratch::dunno:
It was very tasty, and so easy to make! I had some leftovers for lunch. :thumbsup:
It's a bit early still but I think tonight will be bacon cheeseburgers.
Soon, the Baking of the Turkeys will happen, in which we cook, portion, share, distribute, feed others and then have a load left to put up in the freezer. Easy to thaw and really good with instant potatoes and gravy for a fast, delicious meal. ;) Then we boil the rest down, remove the remaining meat that would otherwise be thrown out, and mix it with carrots, onions, celery, rice, broth and other goodies and make soup. The rest of the bird is boiled down further to make a delicious and hearty broth that's easy to freeze.
Waste not, want not. But it's an ordeal. :hyper:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tuna salad...mainly because I now have about 20 cans of tuna in either the fridge or the panty, and I need to whittle that down some. Or a can of soup.

I MUST remember to get the ingredients for my Crazy Good Chili next time I shop. It's that time of year again! And a waffle iron. I like making cornbreak in a waffle iron, then just serving the chili right on top of it.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Homemade macaroni and cheese.
:thud: i've got that on my mind lately, and baked macaroni and cheese is going to be the first dinner i make once the weather stays cool -- which looks like will be soon.

chicken pot pie... good for a cold, rainy day
you're able to eat solid food again!!! :yess:

i'll heat up a serving of lasagna, some baby carrots with blue cheese salad dressing, and possibly a slice of bread with some jelly. i'll have dessert later in the evening, a slice of carob cherry carob chip cake! :yummy:

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:thud: i've got that on my mind lately, and baked macaroni and cheese is going to be the first dinner i make once the weather stays cool -- which looks like will be soon.

you're able to eat solid food again!!! :yess:

i'll heat up a serving of lasagna, some baby carrots with blue cheese salad dressing, and possibly a slice of bread with some jelly. i'll have dessert later in the evening, a slice of carob cherry carob chip cake! :yummy:
We cook it in the stove top first then bake it. It was delicious!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
SIGH...last night was pb&j, due to a power outage as the tag-end of Michael moved through the area. Dunno exactly how long it was out, but it stayed out long enough for me to give up and make the sandwich, then came back on within 10 minutes of my EATING the sandwich. I'll try the tuna salad tonight.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm hooked on microwave steaming broccoli, thanks to artiemom artiemom , so it'll either be pasta and broccoli, or lentil loaf and broccoli.
You are quite welcome. I got that tip from a cooking forum which I belong to. That is the only way I cook broccoli, now....

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Crockpot vegetable stew!.... because it's cold, I'm tired, I have enough dirt under my fingernails to make the Grand Canyon a mountain and I have a mysterious cut on my index finger and that had nothing to do with me being stupid or anything. :paranoid:
Cats are having their go to grinds with some chicken hearts on the side, and dogs are having tripe chunks and various sized poultry necks.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally, the last piece of leftover chicken breast and rice. Sandwich is on a toasted honey-wheat bun, with melted mozzarella and ranch dressing.

Stew was delicious. Normally I'm not a "soup is a meal" kind of guy but this was really heavy, hearty and warming. And easy to prepare, which right now is our go-to recipe file...., but I'm saying YUM to that pic orange&white orange&white and we will both happily re-strap ourselves onto the car heading to your place!

Status
Not open for further replies.