What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huh. Unless you live outside of their delivery area, they do. Thank goodness. The coupon was in with my Wednesday mess of advertisements in my mail, but the special is also posted on the website. You can check there for which store serves your area, and place an online order, as well. AND at the end of the checkout they will ask if you want immediate delivery, or to choose a delivery time. AND you can sign up to get free pizza every so many orders.

So, I had left over pizza last night. Tonight...um...tuna salad sammiches.
Thanks for the info. I'll check out their pizza cite tomorrow. I'm kind of new to the pizza thing. I'm vegetarian and 30 years ago I found out something about cheese and I quit eating pizza for over 30 years. In the past 2 years I've just started eating it again. I'm making up for lost time. Pizza has always been my favorite food and I missed it every day.

Tonight I'm having tomato soup and a English muffin.

Ellen

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It was going to be pork tenderloin with veggies for tonight, but we have a contractor coming by to measure some things and he'll be here between 6:30 and 7. There will be no time for cleanup, etc, so I think it's just going to be a super quick frozen pizza.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Spaghetti tonight. But when I go shopping later in the month, I'm definitely buying stuff to make chili. LOL, I use an odd recipe that calls for Jamaican jerk seasoning and 1 square of a Hershey bar! No, you don't taste the chocolate, but MAN does it add an undefinable "something wonderful"!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spaghetti tonight. But when I go shopping later in the month, I'm definitely buying stuff to make chili. LOL, I use an odd recipe that calls for Jamaican jerk seasoning and 1 square of a Hershey bar! No, you don't taste the chocolate, but MAN does it add an undefinable "something wonderful"!
I believe it was Alton Brown that said the Aztec used chocolate in their version of chili. It is suppose to be good but I have never tried it.

Muffy

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Beef vegetable soup from the freezer and a couple chunks of cornbread, also from the freezer. It's quick and easy, since Rick is bowling early tonight.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Why wait until later in the month? We're having chili tonight - c'mon over, there's enough for an army. :biggrin:
I'll be there! Look for the fat old woman with a walker and an IRATE tortie in a carrier!

It is suppose to be good but I have never tried it.
Give it a shot. I promise, you won't taste "chocolate," but only a rich, smoky "something wonderful."

Tonight I shall bake a pork chop. And have it with...something. A sweet potato, perhaps.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yummy to everyone.. having a Trader Joes, Beef Shepherds Pie.... Yes, I do not feel like cooking; and I still need, soft-nonchewy food....

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm thinking of a vegetarian stir-fry over brown rice. I have some broccoli in the fridge that I have to use. There are carrots, onions, 'shrooms, and celery, too, and there's a wee bit of cauliflower.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I want to make a pot of chicken soup today. If I get that done, we will eat it for supper with some baked gluten free corn bread. I like the soup with rice, celery and carrot rounds.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
The pork tenderloin, brussels sprouts and green beans I was supposed to cook a few days ago but didn't.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was thinking of lemon pepper chicken but then I dug out a recipe for lemon and dill chicken so I'm going to make that instead. I have fresh dill I need to use up. I think I'm going to make a creamy pumpkin pasta to go with it.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to a Indian restaurant today for dinner. It was very good as they had a lot of vegetarian dishes. Some of them were a little too spicy for my taste but I still enjoyed the food. Don't ask me what I had.

Muffy

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to a Indian restaurant today for dinner. It was very good as they had a lot of vegetarian dishes. Some of them were a little too spicy for my taste but I still enjoyed the food. Don't ask me what I had.

Muffy
that's sounds so good!! :yummy: i haven't had Indian food for years -- and i love it.

a grilled cheese sandwich, some chicken noodle soup, and some dessert or other that i'll get thawing shortly.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
My vegetarian stir-fry didn't materialize. Rick texted me from work yesterday and said, "So any plans for tonight?" And when I said no, he texted me back and said I had worked all day at home, so we were going to Red Robin for dinner after going to the bank. Well, that worked. (The truth of the matter was that he was hungry for a burger!)

I think I'll try that stir-fry tonight.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Um...hang on, let me go look at the freezer...The heck with it. EITHER hot dogs with onions and cheese, OR scrambled eggs with biscuits. Just depends on if I feel like baking at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.