What's for dinner? - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll heat up some chicken and broccoli bake, have some mini pretzels and watermelon too. 2 or 3 vanilla sandwich cookies for dessert.

Also delicious on Ritz or Town House crackers. I found that out when I realized I had no bread in the house. 

i hadn't thought of peanut butter and sweet bread & butter pickle slices on crackers -- thank you for mentioning this! 

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick starts bowling tonight and he's bowling early. Our freezers, while not bare, are scant when it comes to soup, stews, pasta sauce and the like. I need to get back on track to making meals again for the freezers, so that we have something quick to make for bowling nights, esp when he bowls early. 

I have a jar of spaghetti sauce in the pantry; there's a bit of sour cream in the fridge, and there's some sliced provolone and a block of Parm in the fridge, too. I can bring up a pound of ground beef from the freezer. I think I'll throw together a small casserole of baked ziti for tonight.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

a couple hot dogs (no buns), potato salad (with extra veggies added), a handful of mini pretzels, and 2 or 3 vanilla sandwich cookies.
Oh!~~~~  You reminded me that I found a partial package of hot dogs, in the back of the freezer from November.. Gotta throw them out.. I do not keep food that long in the freezer... just me...and how I grew up...

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh!~~~~  You reminded me that I found a partial package of hot dogs, in the back of the freezer from November.. Gotta throw them out.. I do not keep food that long in the freezer... just me...and how I grew up...
i'm glad to have 'jogged your memory'! 

two hot dogs (no buns), potato salad (extra veggies added), watermelon, and 2-3 vanilla sandwich cookies.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thinking about doing brats on the grill tonight. With sauerkraut.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She just gets more and more beautiful every year. She looks wonderful.

I know exactly how you feel. I can't believe that my baby is 21 and a senior in college. It feels like yesterday that I brought her to kindergarten for her first day.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Aimee is a cutie!

My "baby" will be 45 years old in October.

We're having leftovers, well Dear Richard will be having leftovers. I'm back to salads!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Salsa and guacamole!
Works for me! 
  I wanted some guac so badly it wasn't funny. But I'm the only one who eats it and I couldn't see making it just for me to dig into. So no guac for me.

Rick is finished with the Labor Day leftovers and he's complaining about the weight he gained over the weekend (as did I). We are going to have Lean Cuisine meals tonight to make up for our gluttony.

Status
Not open for further replies.