What's for dinner? - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Works for me! :lol3:   I wanted some guac so badly it wasn't funny. But I'm the only one who eats it and I couldn't see making it just for me to dig into. So no guac for me.
We had a ton of tomatoes in the garden when we got back from vacation, so I decided to make some salsa. I looked at the ingredients and realized I only needed avocados to make guacamole, so off to the store I went. :lol3:

I think tonight will be caesar salads with shrimp. :)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I think it is going to be zucchini noodles with homemade sauce and eggplant from the garden.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick and I will split a grilled ham slice and a baked potato. While he's grilling the ham, he can grill two tomato halves with a bit of shredded Parm.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Last night we did some chops on the grill with chipotle raspberry grilling sauce, garlic noodles, and some green beans. I made peach cobbler for dessert.

Tonight will probably be a Dr. Ocker's frozen pizza as we have some errands to run before dinner.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i heated up a serving of the Braised Pork Ragu, served over penne and with some grated parmesan over it. i had a few kettle chips while i waited for the pork to heat up, and some vanilla pudding for dessert.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I took a container of pasta sauce out of the freezer (i had made 4 quarts of pasta sauce the other weekend). Rick wants spaghetti tonight for dinner.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

i heated up a serving of the Braised Pork Ragu, served over penne and with some grated parmesan over it. i had a few kettle chips while i waited for the pork to heat up, and some vanilla pudding for dessert.
That sounds so good! I have not had pasta in months and months!!  

You can feel the change in air around here. Autumn is in the air, even when it is hot outside. Salads will just not do it during the colder weather.... sigh....

Today, not sure, either a salad (do not have any protein ready for it) or a whatever I feel like having: usually popcorn and and apple with some peanut butter...

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That sounds so good! I have not had pasta in months and months!!  

You can feel the change in air around here. Autumn is in the air, even when it is hot outside. Salads will just not do it during the colder weather.... sigh....

Today, not sure, either a salad (do not have any protein ready for it) or a whatever I feel like having: usually popcorn and and apple with some peanut butter...
thank you! yes, it did taste really good. this was actually the first pasta 'sauce' i've ever made. 

i agree. there's a difference in the air most days now, and the nights are very cool. i definitely eat more hearty meals during the cool/cold weather months.

i'll heat up another serving of the Braised Pork Ragu, serve it over penne with a little grated parm cheese over it. i'm thinking i'll open a can of sliced fruit, and have some with my dinner. and i'll have vanilla pudding for dessert.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Probably some kind of a Lean Cuisine dinner. I'm so afraid I'm going to binge while Rick is gone that I'm almost trying to avoid eating period. I know that's not good, but neither is binging.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
more Braised Pork Ragu here, with penne and possibly a little parm cheese over it. i didn't end up opening a can of fruit yesterday, and i'm thinking i'll have some raw veggies with salad dressing dip with the pork ragu. i'll have some orange jello for dessert.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
There's a wee bit of pasta sauce leftover from our spaghetti the other night. I'm thinking of throwing together some penne and veggies and topping it all with sauce for my dinner tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.