What's for dinner? - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made some smoked sausage, potatoes, and fried cabbage with onions! 

anneno2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Stewy We are having Pizza and hubby is having the scot fillet he didn't eat last night. Regards Anneno2

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure tonight. I forgot to get something out of the freezer last night, so probably something from the pressure cooker, maybe some boned-in chicken breasts with a couple potatoes. Maybe some carrots added to the mix.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We ended up with a grilled boneless chicken breast and a salad. Rick was home yesterday, so I texted to ask if he'd find something in the freezer. That was the first thing he came across and so, that's what we had.

Tonight we're having breakfast for dinner. Last night, I used my unfed sourdough starter to make a sponge to make sourdough waffles/pancakes. Took some sausage out of the freezer. I put the sponge in the fridge overnight, then got it out this morning, stirred it down and stuck it in the microwave to hang out til I get home from work. I'll add the rest of the ingredients and we'll have waffles tonight for dinner. With a bit of browned sausage. And maple syrup.

(It makes a pretty big sponge and I think I'm going to get quite a few waffles out of it. Any extras will be frozen to use later on.....I'm not doing a very good job of cleaning out our freezer at this point. I take something out; I put something else back in. Hopefully, somewhere along the way, it will even out. Rick's mom had given me some frozen buttermilk that was only about a month old.....the recipe calls for two cups of buttermilk, so I was able to use that after thawing it in the microwave.)

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm planning on using the bbq tonight for chicken. I have to clear a path to it though, my yard is full of leaves from the crazy wind last week. We had a really busy weekend so I didn't get a chance to rake them up and I can't do it during the week because it's dark by the time my husband gets home.

Last edited:

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have some Doro Wat simmering on the stove! It's been cooking for about 3 hours and my entire house smells SOOOO wonderful! It should be ready in about an hour, so I will have some for a late lunch and most likely again tonight for a late dinner.  Doro Wat is the National dish of Ethiopia and I can hardly wait until it is ready to eat! 

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have some Doro Wat simmering on the stove! It's been cooking for about 3 hours and my entire house smells SOOOO wonderful! It should be ready in about an hour, so I will have some for a late lunch and most likely again tonight for a late dinner.  Doro Wat is the National dish of Ethiopia and I can hardly wait until it is ready to eat! 
I just looked that up. It looks good.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just looked that up. It looks good.
It really IS delicious - if you love hot 'n spicy food!  

The only thing I don't like about it is that it takes hours to cook to get the sauce just right. Having to sit here and smell onions caramelizing in butter with the pungent scent of the Berebere spice(s). And freshly minced garlic and ginger! Then waiting for the chicken to simmer in the sauce until it falls off the bones. *SIGH*  It's pure torture! LOL

I'll wait til the very end to make some injera - it's best when it is very fresh and right out of the pan. 

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It really IS delicious - if you love hot 'n spicy food!  

The only thing I don't like about it is that it takes hours to cook to get the sauce just right. Having to sit here and smell onions caramelizing in butter with the pungent scent of the Berebere spice(s). And freshly minced garlic and ginger! Then waiting for the chicken to simmer in the sauce until it falls off the bones. *SIGH*  It's pure torture! LOL

I'll wait til the very end to make some injera - it's best when it is very fresh and right out of the pan. 
I like spicy but rarely eat it because then I have to make something separate for my kids...which is exactly the reason we went out for Indian food last week.

We are having chicken burgers and pizza potato wedges for dinner. It's a new seasoning I got and we haven't tried it out yet.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend took me out for an early b-day celebration. It is a local restaurant. Awesome food!

It is an Italian/ seafood restaurant. They have the regular Italian food in addition to specializing in seafood, both the regular and Italian versions of it. 

It was a bit pricey--even for a late lunch. We had such a good time. I thought we were going to split the bill because her b-day was 2 weeks ago and mine is this coming Monday. She surprised me by insisting on the drink tab. They she shocked me by requesting the entire bill!!

The wait staff was great. They even brought out a cake with 2 candles for both of our b-days...We did chat with them for a while in-between noshing on great food...

My friend had a couple of martinis, along with 2 huge crab cakes, some fresh Italian bread dipped in an olive oil mix.

I had a couple of glasses of wine, with a huge, I mean huge Marsala! I have enough for leftovers...

and of course the cake! 

We had such a good time...It is funny how life works. Marie and I would not be friends if my dad and I did not move into this apartment building. She and her boyfriend and sister were so supportive when my dad was sick, passed and though out all my shoulder issues. 

I was there for her when her sister took really sick and was there with her when she passed. Marie is so much older than me... I have always said that she was my 'adopted' sister and her sister was another 'adopted' sister...my dad thought a lot of her also. 

Life/karma/The Divine Spirit/God, does work in such mysterious ways...

ok--my meal was soo good!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.