What's for dinner? - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Tonight's dinner is soup made with turkey kielbasa, onions, carrots, etc. Vegetable broth (from the freezer) and some cannellini beans, a bit of corn, and I'm adding spinach. The recipe calls for canned turnip greens, but I'm not going there. The recipe also calls for great northern beans, but cannellini beans will work just fine, too, I'm thinking. Also calls for pasta, but I'm not using any. I'm halving the recipe, so will still have some kielbasa left for another night. That's the nice thing about soup....you can add this and add that and not use this or that. And it still comes out tasty.

1-1/3 cups is 220 calories, so that's not too bad.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have store bought pizza crusts and will make pizza. I will get my husband to pick up caesar salad today to go with it.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We have smoked shrimp in the fridge, so something with that. Salads? Pizza? I really don't know yet.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

A cup of noodles since I had to have a few cavities filled this afternoon.
Ow. Feel better!

Grilled pork chops and Rick and I will split a twice-baked potato. (The Russets I bought are huge, way too big for one person, but they make great baked potatoes.) And I have a wee little butternut squash that I'm going to chunk and roast. It's the perfect size for the two of us.

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Breakfast for dinner sounds great! I think I'll surprise the family with that for dinner also :D

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure. One of Rick's closest friends was just operated on for pancreatic cancer yesterday and we'd like to visit with him tonight. If we do visit, we may just stop for a quick bite on the way to the hospital or on the way back home after visiting. We weren't sure what we were going to do yet, so if we don't go tonight, well, I took some chili out of the freezer last night to microwave for our dinner tonight.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I sincerely wish Rick's friend the best. I have had 2 members of my family, one on each side, come down with that form of cancer..it is grueling...((hugs) to Rick

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thank you. This is not a good cancer to get, not that there IS any good cancer. But this one can be ugly. Rick is having some issues with it because he is close to the guy. And I love him, too; he's such a sweetheart.

Status
Not open for further replies.