What's for dinner? - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had captain crunch berries cereal.... we didn't feel like cooking tonight. Then some peanut butter cup ice cream... lol. Tomorrow night is steak with mushrooms and baked potatoes.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

I want to get to Trader Joes to purchase some of their cheese.  They have a great cheese case.  Not to mention their pumpkin coffee, spiced cider, dark chocolate, dried white peaches, apricots and pears, ready-made grilled rosemary chicken and I could go on and on and on!  Did you enjoy the cheese?  I want to get their Toscano soaked in Syrah!  Delicious!  
We did, very much! The Cashel Blue is decadent as is their reduced-fat smoked Gouda. I really like the Cheddar with Caramelized Onion, too. Yum. We are TJ's fans here. Their fontina is usually good and so is their asiago. They used to carry a fontiago, which is a mix of fontina and asiago. I loved that, but alas, it didn't last long in their cheese line.

We bought a pumpkin kringle that Rick loved 

Chocolate bark (for using over the holidays)

Trader Joe's Trek mix.

The cheeses 

Mini peanut butter cups (Rick can't walk into TJ's without those PB cups finding their way into our cart) 

Raw almonds (perfect for making my almond brittle during the holidays) 

Ancient Grains medley to sprinkle over homemade bread and rolls before baking.

Basmati Rice Medley

Brown Rice Medley

TJ's extra virgin olive oil

TJ's virgin olive oil

Pumpkin seed brittle (Good, but I wasn't counting on the pumpkin pie spice being used in the brittle and I think I would have rather had a bit of sea salt instead) 

Blue tortilla chips

Black bean salsa (TJ's black bean salsa is just delicious) 

Corn and black bean relish 

Cookie Dough Butter (Rick is not allowed to even open the jar in my presence. It's sinfully good, so it's a treat for him to enjoy when I'm not around.) 

New England Clam Chowder (I abhor clam anything, so Rick has to make do with canned chowder. I won't even touch the stuff.)

We don't buy much in the frozen section, although I do like their frozen edamame and their frozen artichoke hearts (I have never like canned artichoke hearts. Never). We have to bring a cooler and lots of ice to keep things as cold as we can. The closest TJ's is about 60 miles away, so we have to plan accordingly. I always go through the Fearless Flyer before making a trip, just to find out what's new and interesting.

(Still have a $60 gift card to splurge on, too, next time we get there. We'll take the cooler next time.)

And to get back on topic......I think we'll be having spaghetti tonight for dinner.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Back in June, I made a big pot of vegetarian vegetable soup. There was one container left in the freezer, so I pulled it yesterday and stuck it in the fridge. When I made it, I actually measured out all the ingredients, checked the calories. One cup is about 120 calories. There's enough for both Rick and me and Rick can have his with a couple yeast rolls from the freezer. It's a good day for soup as it's going to be chilly today.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back in June, I made a big pot of vegetarian vegetable soup. There was one container left in the freezer, so I pulled it yesterday and stuck it in the fridge. When I made it, I actually measured out all the ingredients, checked the calories. One cup is about 120 calories. There's enough for both Rick and me and Rick can have his with a couple yeast rolls from the freezer. It's a good day for soup as it's going to be chilly today.
Won't you be hungry?

It's still very hot here. Friday I go to the UK. First Birmingham to the supreme cats show and then Edinburgh. No doubt hot soup will be just right there.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Judy, I had 1-1/2 cups of soup last night. I wasn't hungry afterward and was fine. Rick had two yeast rolls with his soup; I just had soup with a 1-ounce wedge of cheese.

Rick is Chief Cook tonight as I have a planning commission meeting right after work and won't get home til later on. I took ground beef out of the freezer last night and he is making barbecue for us for dinner tonight. He makes good barbecue, so that will work.

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
A salad with something, but I don't know what yet. We had bought some smoked fish and shellfish a while back. I may thaw some and put that on the salad.

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Barbecued chicken pizza and a regular pizza. We're having Rick's mom down for lunch today and she requested the chicken pizza; I made the barbecue sauce last night and we'll put cooked chicken and red onion slices on that pizza, too, topped with shredded provolone. The regular pizza will have a bit of sauce, pepperoni, sauteed pepper and onion strips with sauteed mushrooms. And shredded mozz. I made a sourdough crust for the chicken pizza and a regular crust for the other pizza. 

Dessert will be an apple coffee cake....it's cooling in the kitchen now.
Sounds delish

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I have some chicken marinating in the fridge. We'll grill it and slice it over a salad for dinner tonight.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beetroot with yoghurt. Jolly nice. Grilled aubergine. Jolly nice. Hamburger, so so with chips. Jolly nice but couldn't finish the burger and chips.

bonepicker

Top Cat
Purraise
Barbecued chicken pizza and a regular pizza. We're having Rick's mom down for lunch today and she requested the chicken pizza; I made the barbecue sauce last night and we'll put cooked chicken and red onion slices on that pizza, too, topped with shredded provolone. The regular pizza will have a bit of sauce, pepperoni, sauteed pepper and onion strips with sauteed mushrooms. And shredded mozz. I made a sourdough crust for the chicken pizza and a regular crust for the other pizza. 

Dessert will be an apple coffee cake....it's cooling in the kitchen now.
Sounds delish

bonepicker

Top Cat
Purraise
Scrambled eggs with sautéed onion, sweet red peppers, and crumbled bacon and two pieces of wheat toast with blackberry jam! Breakfast for dinner!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.