What's for dinner? - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
If they're shiny then they were probably boiled as they were in the old country - eastern Europe.
Yes, I do know for a fact that they are boiled first and then baked. All I care about is they are delicious! and the first and best bagel I have ever had! And I love Bagels!!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Taco Bell in awhile and maybe a slice of pizza later that we're ordering for my brother when he comes over later tonight.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I do know for a fact that they are boiled first and then baked. All I care about is they are delicious! and the first and best bagel I have ever had! And I love Bagels!!
I don't think I've had one since I left England 47 years ago sigh.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are cooking a turkey dinner tonight. It's Thanksgiving weekend in Canada and it's also my son's first birthday today so we will have a nice dinner.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I've had one since I left England 47 years ago sigh.
If I could, I would send you some! Aren't you leaving soon for England?

Get some while you are there...along with other things!!

Wow, you have been in Israel for a long time. You have seen so much..and been a part of so much...

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
We are cooking a turkey dinner tonight. It's Thanksgiving weekend in Canada and it's also my son's first birthday today so we will have a nice dinner.
Happy Thanksgiving day to all our Canadian Friends

and

Happy Birthday to your son!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I could, I would send you some! Aren't you leaving soon for England?
Get some while you are there...along with other things!!

Wow, you have been in Israel for a long time. You have seen so much..and been a part of so much...
I'm off to England two weeks yesterday. I can't wait. Yes I have been here a long time. I came in 1968 age 23.
Lately i wonder what I'm doing here but my family's here and my sister and my BiL will be here for good in April so we're all be here. Of course Europe is no place for me anymore.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pork and sauerkraut in the crock pot. I'm using the last of the chops from the Christmas crown roast. Over mashed potatoes. Just put everything in the crock pot and it should be ready around 3:00 or so. 
Do you put the potatoes in as well?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We are having Rick's Mom's birthday dinner today. My original idea was to pan-fry a whole chicken with the stuffing (I had posted about that a week or so ago). However, the chicken is huge, a big 8-pounder and it's too large to cook that way. So I went back to my old stand-by.....Rotisserie-Style Roast Chicken. With the chicken, I'm serving roasted butternut squash and a pineapple dressing. Not sure what else.  (I hope she's not expecting a roast chicken dinner with stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, etc. She's going to be sadly disappointed.)

Dessert is an apple cake with brown sugar frosting. A new recipe from King Arthur that I'm trying out for the first time.

Last edited:

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Home made eggplant parmigiana with salad and a multigrain bread that we got at a community farm bake sale.
Only the bread and raw fresh eggplant is from the sale.

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are having Rick's Mom's birthday dinner today. My original idea was to pan-fry a whole chicken with the stuffing (I had posted about that a week or so ago). However, the chicken is huge, a big 8-pounder and it's too large to cook that way. So I went back to my old stand-by.....Rotisserie-Style Roast Chicken. With the chicken, I'm serving roasted butternut squash and a pineapple dressing. Not sure what else.  (I hope she's not expecting a roast chicken dinner with stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, etc. She's going to be sadly disappointed.)

Dessert is an apple cake with brown sugar frosting. A new recipe from King Arthur that I'm trying out for the first time.
No roast potatoes? A dessicration of a roast chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.